Color Doppler sonography is an important modality in the non-invasive evaluation of the liver. It is commonly used to evaluate vascular changes which accompany cirrhosis. Doppler techniques are also used to evaluate patients who have undergone liver transplantation or transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) placement. This review describes the various applications of color Doppler in hepatic imaging.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Color Doppler sonography of the hepatic artery and portal venous system.AJR. 1990; 155: 517-525
- Color Doppler imaging of the hepatic vasculature.AJR. 1992; 159: 943-950
- Doppler US of helical flow in the portal vein.Radiographics. 1995; 15: 1103-1111
- Local control of hepatic arterial and portal venous flow in the dog.Am J Physiol. 1966; 211: 712-720
- An angiographic study of the pre- and post-operative hemodynamics in patients with side-to-side portacaval shunts.Radiology. 1975; 116: 33-39
- Angiography after end-to-side portacaval shunt.Invest Radiol. 1971; 6: 101-109
- The role of hemodynamic measurements in portosystemic shunt surgery.Arch Surg. 1974; 108: 276-281
- Sonographic detection of large spontaneous spleno-renal shunts and its clinical significance.Br J Radiol. 1984; 57: 565-570
- Hemodynamic significance of the paraumbilical vein in portal hypertension.Radiology. 1989; 170: 339-340
- Cavernous transformation of the portal vein.AJR. 1995; 165: 1151-1155
- Liver cirrhosis.Radiology. 1991; 178: 513-516
- Color Doppler imaging findings in patients with Budd–Chiari syndrome.AJR. 1993; 161: 307-312
- Color flow Doppler imaging of liver tumors.AJR. 1990; 154: 509-514
- Color flow Doppler characterization of focal hepatic lesions.AJR. 1992; 159: 1195-1197
Ralls PW. Focal hepatic and pancreatic disease. In Rifkin MD, Charboneau JW, Laing FC (eds): Ultrasound 1991 Syllabus: Special Course. Oak Book, IL.: Radiological Society of North America, 1991;293–306.
- Hepatic focal nodular hyperplasia.J Ultrasound Med. 1993; 12: 541-544
- Flow characteristics of hepatic tumors at color Doppler sonography.AJR. 1993; 160: 515-521
- Characterization of focal hepatic lesions with duplex sonography.AJR. 1995; 164: 1131-1135
- Portal vein thrombosis in patients with cirrhosis.AJR. 1995; 165: 573-577
- Hepatic arterial Doppler sonography in the post-transplant patient.AJR. 1994; 163: 863-864
- Hepatic artery stenosis and thrombosis in transplant recipients.Radiology. 1994; 192: 657-661
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt.Radiology. 1993; 189: 789-793
- Detection of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt dysfunction.AJR. 1995; 164: 1119-1124
Accepted: October 10, 1997
Received: August 20, 1997
© 1998 Elsevier Science Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.