This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
We present a case illustrating the complementary role of CT and angiography in evaluation of a slowly expanding vascular thoracic mass representing aneurysmal enlargement in an aberrant right subclavian artery. Anatomy, embryology, incidence, and imaging of aberrant right subclavian artery, bicarotid trunk, and aneurysmal dilatation of the diverticulum of Kommerell are reviewed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Aberrant right subclavian artery: further observations.AJR. 1987; 148: 253-257
- Dysphagia lusoria: aberrant right subclavian artery with a Kommerell's diverticulum.Amer Surgeon. 1993; 59: 582-586
- The normal and anomalous aortic arch and brachiocephalic vessels.in: 2nd ed. Radiology of the Skull and Brain Angiography. Vol. 2. C.V. Mosby, Saint Louis1974: 1149-1150 (Book 2)
- Arteriography of the thoracic aorta.in: Kadir S Diagnostic Angiography. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia1986: 124-171
- Cardiovascular case of the day: Case 2: aneurysm of aberrant right subclavian artery arising from diverticulum of Kommerell.AJR. 1993; 160: 1314-1316
- Occlusion of an aberrant right subclavian artery arising from a Kommerell diverticulum.JVIR. 1993; 4: 577-579
- Ruptured aneurysm of an aberrant right subclavian artery: CT and angiographic findings.Eur J Radiol. 1992; 15: 138-139
- Aortic aneurysms: growth rates measured with CT.Radiology. 1992; 185: 249-252
Accepted: June 20, 1995
Received: March 13, 1995
© 1997 Published by Elsevier Inc.