This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A color and pulsed Doppler evaluation of 140 benign and malignant lymphnodes in 85 patients has been performed: The nodes have been classified into non-vascularized (flow −), normal-vascularized (flow +), and hypervascularized (flow ++); we also considered the presence of central or peripheral flow. Resistivity index was also measured. The only parameters showing statistical significance were flow − and flow +. The authors conclude that there is a higher probability of benignancy than malignancy in an avascular node, while the opposite is true in a node with moderate flow.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of cervical lymph node metastases in esophageal cancer with special reference to the relationship between the short to long axis ratio () and the cancer content.J Ultrasound Med. 1989; 17: 101
- Sonography of abnormal lymph nodes in vivo: correlation of sonographic and histologic findings.AJR. 1990; 155: 1241
- Small arteries in peripheral lymph nodes: a specific US sign of lymphomatous involvement.Radiology. 1988; 168: 241
- Thymus, lymph nodes, spleen and lymphatics.in: Symmers WC Systemic Pathology. Churchill Livingstone, London1992
- Doppler ultrasound examination of pathologically enlarged lymph nodes.Brit J Radiol. 1979; 52: 464
- Intra-arterial DSA and duplex-Doppler ultrasonography in detection of vascularized inguinal lymph node.Acta Radiol. 1990; 31: 106
- Dignitatsbeurteilung vergrosserter lymphknoten durch qualitative und semiquantitative auswertung der lymphknotenperfusion mit der farbkodierten Duplexsonographie.ROFO. 1991; 154: 414
- Superficial masses with color flow Doppler imaging.J Clin Ultrasound. 1991; 19: 555
- Colour Doppler ultrasonography studies of benign and malignant breast lesions.Br J Surg. 1992; 79: 259
- Exuberant blood flow in enlarged lymph nodes: findings on Color flow Doppler.Pediatr Radiol. 1992; 22: 419
Accepted: June 1, 1995
Received: January 10, 1995
© 1997 Published by Elsevier Inc.