This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Involvement of the juxtarenal spaces and kidneys in pancreatitis has been well known. Although delineation of the regions of accumulation of exudate has been elegantly confirmed with the advent and advance of refined computerized tomography (CT) there has been relatively little description in the earliar literature of these phenomena. This essay serves to illustrate the wide range of findings that have been encountered and recorded more recently.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Radiologic features of extraperitoneal effusions.Radiology. 1972; 104: 249-257
- Dynamic radiology of the abdomen; normal and pathologic anatomy.3rd ed. Springer-Verlag, New York1988
- CT of the extraperitoneal space; normal anatomy and fluid collections.Am J Roentgenol. 1992; 159: 933-941
- Bridging septa of the perinephric space; anatomic pathologic and diagnostic considerations.Radiology. 1986; 158: 361-365
- Perirenal cobwebs; the expanding CT differential diagnosis.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1984; 8: 1128-1130
- Renal fascial pathway: posterior extension of pancreatic effusions within the anterior pararenal space.Radiology. 1986; 158: 367-374
- Pancreatic pseudocysts presenting as thick-walled renal and perinephric cysts.J Urol. 1976; 115: 123-125
- Right ureteral obstruction associated with pancreatitis.Urol Radiol. 1985; 7: 150-152
- Bilateral pararenal calcifications resulting from pancreatitis.Am J Roentgenol. 1984; 143: 51-52
Accepted: September 1, 1995
Received: September 1, 1995
© 1997 Published by Elsevier Inc.