- •HCC has high propensity for vascular and locoregional invasion.
- •Patients with invasive disease may not be eligible for curative treatment.
- •Radiologists should be familiar with findings of invasive HCCs.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
- Clinical features and outcomes of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma complicated with bile duct invasion.Clin Mol Hepatol. 2017; 23: 160-169
- Diagnosis, staging, and management of hepatocellular carcinoma: 2018 practice guidance by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.Hepatology. 2018; 68: 723-750
- Updated treatment approach to hepatocellular carcinoma.J Gastroenterol. 2005; 40: 225-235
- Extrahepatic spread of hepatocellular carcinoma: spectrum of imaging findings.Am J Roentgenol. 2011; 197: W658-W664
- Etiology of hepatocellular carcinoma: special focus on fatty liver disease.Front Oncol. 2020; 10601710
- Liver imaging reporting and data system (LI-RADS) version 2018: imaging of hepatocellular carcinoma in at-risk patients.Radiology. 2018; 289: 816-830
- CT and MR imaging diagnosis and staging of hepatocellular carcinoma: part II. Extracellular agents, hepatobiliary agents, and ancillary imaging features.Radiology. 2014; 273: 30-50
- Management of hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein tumor thrombosis: review and update at 2016.World J Gastroenterol. 2016; 22: 7289-7300
- Prediction of microvascular invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma: preoperative CT and histopathologic correlation.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 203: W253-W259
- Microvascular invasion in small hepatocellular carcinoma: is it predictable with preoperative diffusion-weighted imaging?.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014; 29: 330-336
- MRI features for predicting microvascular invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Liver Cancer. 2021; 10: 94-106
- Potential application of dynamic contrast enhanced ultrasound in predicting microvascular invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma.Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2021; 77: 461-469
- Differentiation of malignant thrombus from bland thrombus of the portal vein in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: application of diffusion-weighted MR imaging.Radiology. 2009; 254: 154-162
- Portal vein tumor thrombus is a bottleneck in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma.Cancer Biol Med. 2016; 13: 452-458
- Liver imaging reporting and data system criteria for the diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma in clinical practice: a pictorial minireview.World J Gastroenterol. 2022; 28: 4540-4556
- Tumor thrombus: incidence, imaging, prognosis and treatment.Cardiovasc Diagn Ther. 2017; 7: S165-S177
- MRI in differentiating malignant versus benign portal vein thrombosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: value of post contrast imaging with subtraction.Eur J Radiol. 2019; 118: 88-95
- Hepatocellular carcinoma with tumor thrombus occupying the right atrium and portal vein: a case report and literature review.Medicine. 2015; 94
- Survival benefit of surgical treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma with inferior vena cava/right atrium tumor thrombus: results of a retrospective cohort study.Ann Surg Oncol. 2013; 20: 914-922
- Resection of hepatocellular carcinoma with macroscopic vascular invasion.Ann Surg Oncol. 2013; 20: 3754-3760
- Diagnosis of bile duct hepatocellular carcinoma thrombus without obvious intrahepatic mass.World J Gastroenterol. 2010; 16: 4998-5004
- Hepatocellular carcinoma with bile duct tumor thrombus: a clinicopathological analysis of factors predictive of recurrence and outcome after surgery.Medicine. 2015; 94: e364
- One stage resection of spontaneous rupture of hepatocellular carcinoma in the triangular ligament with diaphragm invasion: case report and review of the literature.World J Emerg Surg. 2012; 7: 30
- Hepatocellular carcinoma with en bloc diaphragmatic resection: a single-center experience over 14 years.Int J Surg. 2018; 53: 93-97
- Surgical impacts of an en bloc resection of the diaphragm for hepatocellular carcinoma with gross diaphragmatic involvement.Surg Today. 2011; 41: 101-106
- Direct invasion to the colon by hepatocellular carcinoma: report of two cases.World J Gastroenterol. 2008; 14: 4583-4585
Korkolis, D.P., et al., Successful en bloc resection of primary hepatocellular carcinoma directly invading the stomach and pancreas. (2219-2840 (Electronic)).
Spiliotis, J., et al., Hepatocellular Carcinoma Peritoneal Metastasis: Role of Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC). (2078-2101 (Print)).
- Intraperitoneal metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma after spontaneous rupture: a case report.World J Gastroenterol. 2008; 14: 3927-3931
- Spontaneous rupture of peritoneal seeding hepatocellular carcinoma: report of two cases.JACME. 2016; 6: 64-66
- Rupture of peritoneal metastatic tumor that developed due to needle-tract implantation of hepatocellular carcinoma.J Gastroenterol. 2005; 40: 547-548
- Parietal and peritoneal localizations of hepatocellular carcinoma: is there a place for a curative surgery?.World J Surg Oncol. 2014; 12: 298