- •Abortion bans deleteriously impact prospective undergraduate, medical student, medical trainee and new physician recruiting.
- •Family planning in the setting of abortion bans greatly effects female physicians.
- •Recruiting all physicians to states with abortion bans will be difficult.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A recommendation for addressing the physician workforce crisis contributing to burnout in radiology and radiation oncology.J Am Coll Radiol. 2022; 19: 1072-1073
- Shortages of Radiology and Oncology Staff Putting Cancer Patients at Risk, College Warns.British Medical Journal Publishing Group, 2022
- College-shopping students have a new query: is abortion legal there?.Wash Post. 2022; 22: 2022
- Medical Education in a Post-Roe World: Student Advocacy Is Patient Advocacy.British Medical Journal Publishing Group, 2022
- Abortion access and the US medical workforce: a looming crisis for haematology.The Lancet Haematol. 2022; 9: e874-e875
- Pregnancy during residency: a literature review.Acad Med. 2003; 78: 418-428
- Risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes at advanced maternal age.Obstetr Gynecol. 2018; 131: 457-463
- Physician fertility: a call to action.Acad Med. 2020; 95: 679-681
- States with abortion bans are among least supportive for mothers and children.New York Times, 2022
- Data shows.([updated Aug 18, 2022. Available from:)in: National Public Radio. 2022
Published online: February 22, 2023
Accepted: February 6, 2023
Received in revised form: January 24, 2023
Received: November 11, 2022
Published by Elsevier Inc.