- •Pre-operative radioseed localizations can be performed using a digital breast tomosynthesis guided method.
- •Preliminary data suggest DBT-guided preoperative radioseed localization has statistically significant time and dose savings compared to traditional stereotactic radioseed localization.
- •No significant difference in margin outcomes for patients undergoing DBT-guided preoperative seed localization compared to 2D radioseed localization.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Screening for breast cancer with mammography.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; Cd001877
- Wire-guided localization in non-palpable breast cancer: results from monocentric experience.Anticancer Res. 2016; 36: 2423-2427
- Preoperative imaging-guided needle placement and localization of clinically occult breast lesions.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1989; 152: 1-9
- Migration of localizing wires used in guided biopsy of the breast.Clin Radiol. 1991; 43: 251
- Dislocability of localization devices for nonpalpable breast lesions: experimental results.Radiol Res Pract. 2014; 2014425823
- Savi scout radar localization versus wire localization for breast biopsy regarding positive margin, complication, and reoperation rates.Am Surg. 2020; 86: 1029-1031
- Surgical margins after needle-localization breast biopsy.Am J Surg. 1995; 170 (discussion 5–6): 643-645
- Current status of radioactive seed for localization of non palpable breast lesions.Am J Surg. 2010; 199: 522-528
- Preoperative localization of breast lesions: current techniques.Clin Imaging. 2019; 56: 1-8
- A multicentered, randomized, controlled trial comparing radioguided seed localization to standard wire localization for nonpalpable, invasive and in situ breast carcinomas.Ann Surg Oncol. 2011; 18: 3407-3414
- Preoperative localization of breast MRI lesions: MRI-guided marker placement with radioactive seed localization as an alternative to MRI-guided wire localization.J Breast Imaging. 2020; 2: 250-258
- Retrospective review of preoperative radiofrequency tag localization of breast lesions in 848 patients.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2021; 217: 605-612
- Savi Scout® radar localisation of non-palpable breast lesions: systematic review and pooled analysis of 842 cases.Anticancer Res. 2020; 40: 3633-3643
- Initial clinical experience with an inducible magnetic seed system for preoperative breast lesion localization.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2018; 210: 913-917
- Innovations in image-guided preoperative breast lesion localization.Br J Radiol. 2018; 9120170740
- Tomosynthesis-guided needle localization of breast and axillary lesions: our initial experience.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2019; 212: 943-946
- A comparison of stereotactic and tomosynthesis-guided localisation of impalpable breast lesions.J Med Radiat Sci. 2019; 66: 170-176
- Preoperative radioactive seed localization for nonpalpable breast lesions: technique, pitfalls, and solutions.Radiographics. 2015 Sep-Oct; 35 (Epub 2015 Aug 14. PMID: 26274097): 1319-1334https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.2015140293
- Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing.2022
- Tomosynthesis-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy: a feasibility study.Eur Radiol. 2016; 26: 1582-1589
- ACR statement on FDA radiation reduction program.https://www.acr.org/Advocacy-and-Economics/ACR-Position-Statements/FDA-Radiation-Reduction-ProgramDate: 2021Date accessed: June 30, 2022
- Tumor resection margin definitions in breast-conserving surgery: systematic review and meta-analysis of the current literature.Clin Breast Cancer. 2018; 18: e595-e600
- Five consecutive years of screening with digital breast tomosynthesis: outcomes by screening year and round.Radiology. 2020; 295: 285-293