- •Patients with access to cardiac PET/CT are not representative of the patient population most likely to have CS in this limited study evaluation.
- •Cardiac PET/MR has long-term cost-effectiveness compared to the standard of care imaging of cardiac MR followed by cardiac PET/CT sequentially.
- •Same day cardiac PET/MR had overall improved quality of life-years for CS patients compared to the standard of care.
Conclusion and relevance
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
- Hybrid magnetic resonance imaging and positron emission tomography with fluorodeoxyglucose to diagnose active cardiac sarcoidosis.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018; 11: 94-107https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcmg.2017.02.021
- Sarcoidosis-related mortality in the United States from 1988 to 2007.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011; 183: 1524-1530https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201010-1679OC
- Pathological studies on sarcoidosis autopsy. I. Epidemiological features of 320 cases in Japan.Acta Pathol Jpn. 1993; 43: 372-376https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1827.1993.tb01148.x
- Epidemiology of sarcoidosis in Japan.Eur Respir J. 2008; 31: 372-379https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00075307
- Clinical characteristics of patients in a case control study of sarcoidosis.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2001; 164: 1885-1889https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm.164.10.2104046
- Design of a case control etiologic study of sarcoidosis (ACCESS).J Clin Epidemiol. 1999; 52: 1173-1186https://doi.org/10.1016/S0895-4356(99)00142-0
- Statement on sarcoidosis. Joint Statement of the American Thoracic Society (ATS), the European Respiratory Society (ERS) and the World Association of Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomatous Disorders (WASOG) adopted by the ATS Board of Directors and by the ERS Executive Committee, February 1999.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1999; 160: 736-755https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm.160.2.ats4-99
- Racial differences in sarcoidosis incidence: a 5-year study in a health maintenance organization.Am J Epidemiol. 1997; 145: 234-241https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a009096
- Japanese guidelines for cardiac sarcoidosis.Ann Nucl Cardiol. 2017; 3: 121-124https://doi.org/10.17996/anc.17-00029
Cardiac MRI vs. PET for the evaluation of cardiac sarcoidosis: consider MRI first. Am Coll Cardiol n.d. https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardiology/articles/2017/04/10/08/43/cardiac-mri-vs-pet (accessed December 8, 2020).
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in nonischemic myocardial inflammation: expert recommendations.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 72: 3158-3176https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2018.09.072
- Diagnostic accuracy of cardiac MRI versus FDG PET for cardiac sarcoidosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Radiology. 2022; 304: 566-579https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.213170
- Diagnostic accuracy and prognostic value of simultaneous hybrid 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/magnetic resonance imaging in cardiac sarcoidosis.Eur Heart J - Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018; 19: 757-767https://doi.org/10.1093/ehjci/jex340
- hesim: Health Economic Simulation Modeling and Decision Analysis.ArXiv210209437 Stat, 2021
- Epidemiology of sarcoidosis: current findings and future directions.Ther Adv Chronic Dis. 2018; 9: 227-240https://doi.org/10.1177/2040622318790197
- Complementary value of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging and positron emission Tomography/Computed tomography in the assessment of cardiac sarcoidosis.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018; 11e007030https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCIMAGING.117.007030
- Health-related quality of life of persons with sarcoidosis.Chest. 2004; 125: 997-1004https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.125.3.997
- High-cost sarcoidosis patients in the United States: patient characteristics and patterns of health care resource utilization.J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2017; 23: 1261-1269https://doi.org/10.18553/jmcp.2017.17203
- Need for differential discounting of costs and health effects in cost effectiveness analyses.BMJ. 2005; 331: 446-448
- Corticosteroid treatment in sarcoidosis.Eur Respir J. 2006; 28: 627-636https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.06.00105805
Sarcoidosis - American Family Physician n.d. https://www.aafp.org/afp/2004/0715/p312.html#afp20040715p312-b1 (accessed June 21, 2021).
- Stage IV sarcoidosis: comparison of survival with the general population and causes of death.Eur Respir J. 2011; 38: 1368-1373https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00187410
- Cardiac involvement in sarcoidosis: evolving concepts in diagnosis and treatment.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2014; 35: 372-390https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0034-1376889
- Evaluation of FDG PET combined with cardiac MRI for the diagnosis and therapeutic monitoring of cardiac sarcoidosis.Clin Radiol. 2019; 74: 81.e9-81.e18https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crad.2018.09.015
- The role of endomyocardial biopsy in the management of cardiovascular disease.Circulation. 2007; 116: 2216-2233https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.107.186093
- Histologic diagnostic rate of cardiac sarcoidosis: evaluation of endomyocardial biopsies.Am Heart J. 1999; 138: 299-302https://doi.org/10.1016/s0002-8703(99)70115-8
- Sarcoidosis epidemiology: race matters.Front Immunol. 2020; 11537382https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2020.537382
- Sarcoidosis in Black women in the United States: data from the Black women’s health study.Chest. 2011; 139: 144-150https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.10-0413
- Epidemiology of sarcoidosis in Afro-Caribbean people: a 7-year retrospective study in Guadeloupe.Int J Dermatol. 2015; 54: 188-192https://doi.org/10.1111/ijd.12633
Bureau UC. Income and Poverty in the United States: 2020. CensusGov n.d. https://www.census.gov/library/publications/2021/demo/p60-273.html (accessed April 17, 2022).
Decision Memo for Positron Emission Tomography (FDG) (CAG-00065N) n.d. https://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/details/nca-decision-memo.aspx?NCAId=85&fromdb=true (accessed December 8, 2020).
- Interpretation of cost-effectiveness analyses.J Gen Intern Med. 1998; 13: 716-717https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1525-1497.1998.00211.x