- •CBCT is useful in the intraprocedural detection of LGIB when DSA is indeterminate.
- •Use of CBCT increases sensitivity and changed management by IR without significant changes in dose or evidence of off target embolization.
- •Use of CBCT to increase sensitivity for LGIB is thus safe, feasible and effective.
- •Use of AVD software can increase operator confidence when identifying feeding vessels for empiric treatment.
Level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Management of acute lower gastrointestinal bleeding.Tech Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017; 20: 258-262
- Endovascular therapy of gastrointestinal bleeding.Rofo. 2019; 191: 1073-1082
- AGA clinical practice update on endoscopic therapies for non-variceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding: expert review.Gastroenterology. 2020; 159: 1120-1128
- Empiric cone-beam CT-guided embolization in acute lower gastrointestinal bleeding.Eur Radiol. 2020; 314 (2020): 2161-2172
- Clinical variables associated with positive angiographic localization of lower gastrointestinal bleeding.ANZ J Surg. 2005; 75: 953-957
- Outcome of acute nonvariceal gastrointestinal haemorrhage after nontherapeutic arteriography compared with embolization.Eur Radiol. 2003; 13: 2604-2614
- Empiric transcatheter embolization for acute arterial upper gastrointestinal bleeding: a meta-analysis.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2021; 216: 880-893
- Superselective microcoil embolization of colonic hemorrhage.Am J Roentgenol. 2001; 177: 829-836
- C-arm cone-beam CT: general principles and technical considerations for use in interventional radiology.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2008; 19: 814-820
- A systematic review of automated feeder detection software for locoregional treatment of hepatic tumors.Diagn Interv Imaging. 2020; 101: 439-449
- R: a language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, 2021
- Cone beam computed tomography improves the detection of injured vessels and involved vascular territories in patients with bleeding of uncertain origin.Br J Radiol. 2018; (Epub ahead of print): 91https://doi.org/10.1259/BJR.20170562
- Usefulness of cone-beam computed tomography and automatic vessel detection software in emergency transarterial embolization.Cardiovasc Interv Radiol. 2015; 394 (2015): 530-537
- Feasibility of using vessel-detection software for the endovascular treatment of visceral arterial bleeding.Diagn Interv Radiol. 2014; 20: 160-163