- •Flexible work arrangements remove barriers to career advancement, promote well-being and reduce burnout.
- •Flexible work arrangements by default give employees options to choose from and their choice can change over time.
- •Working from home is here to stay mainly in a hybrid style, allowing employees to work from home 1 to 3 days a week.
- •Negotiating workloads and work-life balance can have a significant role in improving women's long-term career prospects.
- •Encouraging men to take parental time off will reduce stereotypes about women's lower productivity.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Flexible work arrangements and work-family conflict after childbirth.Occup Med (Lond). 2008; 58: 468-474https://doi.org/10.1093/OCCMED/KQN090
- Addressing needs of women radiologists: opportunities for practice leaders to facilitate change.Radiographics. 2018; 38: 1626-1637https://doi.org/10.1148/RG.2018180023
- Gender differences in academic medicine: retention, rank, and leadership comparisons from the National Faculty Survey.Acad Med. 2018; 93: 1694-1699https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0000000000002146
- Flexibility or ethical dilemma: an overview of the work from home policies in modern organizations around the world.Hum Resour Manag Int Dig. 2016; 24: 12-15https://doi.org/10.1108/HRMID-03-2016-0027
- Finding an extra day a week: the positive influence of perceived job flexibility on work and family life balance.Fam Relat. 2001; 50: 49-58https://doi.org/10.1111/J.1741-3729.2001.00049.X
- It’s all about control: worker control over schedule and hours in cross-National Context.Am Sociol Rev. 2012; 77: 1023-1049https://doi.org/10.1177/0003122412465331
- Why Working from Home Will Stick.2021https://doi.org/10.3386/W28731
- Telehealth and patient satisfaction: a systematic review and narrative analysis.BMJ Open. 2017; : 7https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2017-016242
- Burnout of radiologists: frequency, risk factors, and remedies: a report of the ACR Commission on human resources.J Am Coll Radiol. 2016; 13: 411-416https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JACR.2015.11.003
- Career involvement and family involvement as moderators of relationships between work-family conflict and withdrawal from a profession.J Occup Health Psychol. 2001; 6 (Google Search n.d): 91-100
- Flexible work schedules: what are we trading off to get them?.MonthlyLabor Review. 2001; 124 (- Google Search n.d): 50-67
- Work-family conflict and flexible work arrangements: deconstructing flexibility.Pers Psychol. 2013; 66: 345-376https://doi.org/10.1111/PEPS.12012
- The influence of gender on the performance of organizational citizenship behaviors.J Manage. 2002; 28: 629-648https://doi.org/10.1177/014920630202800504
- Gender differences in accepting and receiving requests for tasks with low promotability.American Economic Review. 2017; 107: 714-747https://doi.org/10.1257/AER.20141734
- To delegate or not to delegate: gender differences in affective associations and behavioral responses to delegation.Acad Manage J. 2018; 61: 1467-1491https://doi.org/10.5465/amj.2016.0662
- Extension request avoidance predicts greater time stress among women.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2021; : 118https://doi.org/10.1073/PNAS.2105622118
- It’s time to reimagine where and how work will get done.in: PwC’s US Remote Work Survey— January 12. 2021 (Google Search n.d)
- The contemporary career: a workhome perspective.Annu Rev Organ Psych Organ Behav. 2014; 1: 361-388https://doi.org/10.1146/ANNUREV-ORGPSYCH-031413-091324
- The Use of Family Friendly Workplace Practices in Canada.2006
- The impact of COVID-19 on gender equality.in: National Bureau Of Economic Research, 2020: 62-85
What is Proximity Bias and How Can Managers Prevent It? n.d. https://hbr.org/2022/10/what-is-proximity-bias-and-how-can-managers-prevent-it (accessed November 8, 2022).
- Part-time work and gender: worker versus job explanations.Int Labour Rev. 2012; 151: 85-107https://doi.org/10.1111/J.1564-913X.2012.00136.X
- Reconceptualizing what and how women negotiate for career advancement.Acad Manage J. 2019; 62: 1645-1671https://doi.org/10.5465/AMJ.2017.1497/ASSET/IMAGES/MEDIUM/AMJ.2017.1497F1.GIF
- Return to the Reading room: implementation of a hybrid radiology clerkship model after emergent conversion to remote learning in the COVID-19 pandemic.Acad Radiol. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/J.ACRA.2022.08.027
- Blended learning environments: definitions and directions.Q Rev Distance Educ. 2003; 4: 227-233
- Mentorship and pursuit of academic medicine careers: a mixed methods study of residents from diverse backgrounds.BMC Med Educ. 2014; : 14https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6920-14-26
ABR n.d. https://www.theabr.org/exam-details/residency-leave-policy (accessed July 16, 2022).
- The disabling effects of enabling social policies on organisations’ human capital development practices for women.Hum Resour Manag J. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1111/1748-8583.12431
- Beyond formal access: organizational context, working from home, and work-family conflict of men and women in European workplaces.Soc Indic Res. 2020; 151: 383-402https://doi.org/10.1007/S11205-018-1993-1
- Flexible working and unpaid overtime in the UK: the role of gender, parental and occupational status.Soc Indic Res. 2020; 151: 495-520https://doi.org/10.1007/S11205-018-2028-7