- •Canal of Nuck abnormalities are rare in adult females. The most common pathology is a hydrocele of the canal of Nuck.
- •On Ultrasound, typically they are simple cysts shows fluid attenuation, thin walled, hypoenhancing solitary focus.
- •MRI shows T2 hyperintense and T1 hypointense, non-enhancing focus with facilitation diffusion. On PET/CT there is no uptake of F-18 FDG leading to photopenia.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Anatomy and pathology of the canal of Nuck.Clin Imaging. 2018; 51 (published Online First: 20180207): 83-92https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2018.02.003
- Hydrocele of the canal of nuck in a female adult.Arch Plast Surg. 2016; 43 (published Online First: 20160921): 476-478https://doi.org/10.5999/aps.2016.43.5.476
- Hydrocele of the canal of nuck - rare differential for vulval swelling.Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2014; 24: 175-177https://doi.org/10.4103/0971-3026.134408
- Canal of nuck abnormalities.J Ultrasound Med. 2020; 39 (published Online First: 20190804): 385-395https://doi.org/10.1002/jum.15103
- Hydrocele of the canal of nuck: report of seventeen cases.Ann Surg. 1941; 113: 625-630https://doi.org/10.1097/00000658-194104000-00012
- Indirect inguinal hernia of the urinary bladder through a persistent canal of nuck: case report.Hernia. 2007; 11 (published Online First: 20070206): 287-288https://doi.org/10.1007/s10029-007-0192-9
- Incarcerated ovarian herniation of the canal of nuck in a female infant: ultrasonographic findings and review of literature.Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2016; 9 (published Online First: 20160618): 38-40https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amsu.2016.06.003
- Two cases of female hydrocele of the canal of nuck.Korean J Pediatr. 2012; 55 (published Online First: 20120430): 143-146https://doi.org/10.3345/kjp.2012.55.4.143
- Hydrocele of the canal of nuck: value of radiological diagnosis.J Radiol Case Rep. 2012; 6 (published Online First: 20120601): 18-22https://doi.org/10.3941/jrcr.v6i6.916
- Canal of nuck hernia: a multimodality imaging review.Pediatr Radiol. 2017; 47 (published Online First: 20170425): 893-898https://doi.org/10.1007/s00247-017-3853-6
- Inguinal hernias in very low birth weight infants: incidence and timing of repair.J Pediatr Surg. 1992; 27: 1322-1324https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3468(92)90287-h
- Hydrocele of the canal of nuck: a case report with magnetic resonance hydrography findings.Surg Case Rep. 2015; 1 (published Online First: 20150922): 86https://doi.org/10.1186/s40792-015-0086-5
- Imaging of groin masses: inguinal anatomy and pathologic conditions revisited.Radiographics. 2001; (21 Spec No:S261-71)https://doi.org/10.1148/radiographics.21.suppl_1.g01oc17s261
- Female hydrocele of the canal of nuck: a case report.Eur J Pediatr. 2006; 165 (published Online First: 20060117): 193-194https://doi.org/10.1007/s00431-005-0067-y
- Cyst of the canal of nuck mimicking inguinal hernia.Int J Surg Case Rep. 2018; 52 (published Online First: 20181010): 117-119https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijscr.2018.09.053
- The presentation of asymptomatic palpable movable mass in female inguinal hernia.Eur J Pediatr. 2003; 162 (published Online First: 20030426): 493-495https://doi.org/10.1007/s00431-003-1226-7
- Diagnostic efficacy of contrast-enhanced ultrasound for small renal masses.Korean J Urol. 2014; 55 (published Online First: 20140905): 587-592https://doi.org/10.4111/kju.2014.55.9.587
- Hydrocele of the canal of nuck (Female Hydrocele): a rare differential for inguino-labial swelling.J Clin Diagn Res. 2016; 10(2):PD21-2 ([published Online First: 20160201])https://doi.org/10.7860/JCDR/2016/16710.7284
- Inguinal hernias in children--a study of 1,000 cases and a review of the literature.J Am Med Womens Assoc. 1972; 27 (1972) (passim): 522-525