- •Peer learning is rapidly increasing in popularity as an alternative to traditional peer review.
- •Surveyed radiologists unanimously preferred participating in peer learning rather than peer review.
- •Trainees enjoyed participating in peer learning conferences and found the experience to be educational.
Abbreviations:PR (Peer review), PL (Peer learning), OPPE (Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2000. National Academy Press, 2000: 86-108 To err is human: building a safer health system.
- RADPEER quality assurance program: a multifacility study of interpretive disagreement rates.J Am Coll Radiol. 2004; 1: 59-65
- Transitioning from peer review to peer learning: report of the 2020 peer learning summit.J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 1499-1508
- RADPEER peer review: relevance, use, concerns, challenges, and direction forward.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014; 11: 899-904
- Survey of faculty perceptions regarding a peer review system.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014; 11: 397-401
- Implementation of peer learning conferences throughout a multi-site abdominal radiology practice.Abdom Radiol (NY). 2021; 46: 5489-5499
- Peer learning through multi-institutional web-based case conferences: perceived value (and Challenges) from abdominal, cardiothoracic, and musculoskeletal radiology case conference participants.Acad Radiol. 2020; 27: 1641-1646
- Consensus-oriented group peer review: a new process to review radiologist work output.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014; 11: 131-138
- Peer learning through multi-institutional case conferences: abdominal and cardiothoracic radiology experience.Acad Radiol. 2021; 28: 255-260
- Transitioning to peer learning: lessons learned.J Am Coll Radiol. 2021; 18: 499-506
- Peer learning on a shoe string: success of a distributive model for peer learning in a community radiology practice.Clin Imaging. 2020; 59: 114-118
- Implementation of a peer learning program replacing score-based peer review in a multispecialty integrated practice.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2018; 211: 949-956
- Transition from peer review to peer learning: experience in a radiology department.J Am Coll Radiol. 2018; 15: 1143-1149
- Radiology peer review as an opportunity to reduce errors and improve patient care.J Am Coll Radiol. 2004; 1: 984-987
- The complementary nature of peer review and quality assurance data collection.Radiology. 2015; 274: 221-229
- Practical suggestions on how to move from peer review to peer learning.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2018; 210: 578-582
- Available from:) (