- •Residents support incorporating artificial intelligence (AI) into the radiology residency curriculum.
- •Artificial intelligence-based decision support system (AI-DSS) integration in clinical workflow gives residents real-time experience using AI applications.
- •Residents found AI-DSS most useful in supplementary roles of triaging and troubleshooting, in addition to diagnosis.
- •An AI-targeted curriculum is vital for preparing our future radiologists and trainees view it as an exciting aspect of radiology work.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Is artificial intelligence the new friend for Radiologists? A review article.Cureus. 2020; 12e11137
- Artificial intelligence in medical imaging practice: looking to the future.J Med Radiat Sci. 2019; 66: 292-295
- Identifying and addressing barriers to an artificial intelligence curriculum.J Am Coll Radiol. 2021; 18: 605-607
- Training opportunities of artificial intelligence (AI) in radiology: a systematic review.Eur Radiol. 2021; 31: 6021-6029
- The need for a machine learning curriculum for radiologists.J Am Coll Radiol. 2019; 16: 740-742
- Artificial intelligence in medical imaging: threat or opportunity? Radiologists again at the forefront of innovation in medicine.Eur Radiol Exp. 2018; 2: 35
- Artificial intelligence: threat or boon to radiologists?.J Am Coll Radiol. 2017; 14: 1476-1480
- Rise of robot radiologists.Nature. 2019; 576: S54-S58
- Review of artificial intelligence training tools and courses for radiologists.Acad Radiol. 2021; 28: 1238-1252
- What should radiology residency and fellowship training in artificial intelligence include? A trainee's perspective-radiology in training.Radiology. 2021; 299: E243-E245
- Systematic review of radiologist and medical student attitudes on the role and impact of AI in radiology.Acad Radiol. 2022; (S1076-6332(21)00624-3)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2021.12.032