- •It is possible to classify the silicone implant fibrous capsules by MRI.
- •The results assume that the changes in the fibrous capsules are chronic-evolutionary.
- •The proposed classification has good interobserver agreement.
- •The fibrous capsule graduation by MRI directly impacts patient management and follow-up.
Abbreviations:SI (Silicone implants), MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), BI-RADS (Breast imaging-reporting and data system), SIGBIC (Silicone-induced granuloma of breast implant capsules), FC (Fibrous capsules), PD (Proton density), BIA-ALCL (Breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Classification of capsular contracture after prosthetic breast reconstruction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1995 Oct; 96 (discussion 1124. PMID: 7568488): 1119-1123
- The baker classification for capsular contracture in breast implant surgery is unreliable as a diagnostic tool.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020 Nov; 146 (PMID: 32852468): 956-962https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000007238
- Discussion: the baker classification for capsular contracture in breast implant surgery is unreliable as a diagnostic tool.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020 Nov; 146 (PMID: 33136938): 963https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000007312
- Particulate debris released from breast implant surfaces is highly dependent on implant type.Aesthet Surg J. 2021 Jun 14; 41 (NP782-NP793) (PMID: 33564817)https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjab051
- Assessment of silicone particle migration among women undergoing removal or revision of silicone breast implants in the Netherlands.JAMA Netw Open. 2021 Sep 1; 4 (PMID: 34542618)e2125381https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.25381
- Breast implants - certain labeling recommendations to improve patient communication - guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff (fda.gov).https://www.fda.gov/media/131885/downloadDate accessed: September 25, 2021
- ACR Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System, Breast Imaging Atlas.5th ed. American College of Radiology, Reston, VA2003 (American College of Radiology, “ACR BI-RADS® - Magnetic Resonance”)
- Breast augmentation market by product (silicone breast implant, saline breast implant), shape (anatomical, round), surface (smooth, textured), procedure (inframammary fold, trans-axillary), end user, and region - global forecast to 2025.https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/breast-augmentation-market-239683866.htmlDate accessed: September 25, 2021
- Breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) and the textured breast implant crisis.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2020 Feb; 44 (Epub 2019 Oct 17. Erratum in: Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2020 Oct;44(5):1951. PMID: 31624894): 1-12https://doi.org/10.1007/s00266-019-01521-3
- 2019 NCCN consensus guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL).Aesthet Surg J. 2019 Jan 31; 39https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjy331
- Background parenchymal enhancement on breast MRI: a comprehensive review.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2020; 51: 43-61https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.26762
- Inter- and intra-observer agreement of BI-RADS-based subjective visual estimation of amount of fibroglandular breast tissue with magnetic resonance imaging: comparison to automated quantitative assessment.Eur Radiol. 2016; 26: 3917-3922https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-016-4274-x