- •Pseudoaneurysm formation following vertebral augmentation is rare and difficult to manage due to the atypical location.
- •Embolization may be performed via direct puncture or a trans-arterial approach, as with pseudoaneurysms in other locations.
- •Appropriate management hinges on a comprehensive understanding of spinal arterial anatomy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Percutaneous interventional techniques for treatment of spinal metastases.Semin intervent Radiol. 2020; 37: 192-198
- Vertebral compression fractures: evaluation and management.Semin intervent Radiol. 2020; 37: 214-219
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty for spinal metastases: complications.Radiology. 2006; 238: 354-362
- Complications of percutaneous vertebroplasty and their prevention.Skeletal Radiol. 2004; 33: 493-505
- Percutaneous cement injection for the palliative treatment of osseous metastases: a technical review.SeminIntervRadiol. 2018; 35: 268-280
- Arterial injury following percutaneous vertebral augmentation: a case report.Spine. 2006; 31: E84
. D. H. Heo Y. J. Cho Segmental Artery Injury Following Percutaneous Vertebroplasty Using Extrapedicular Approach. Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society 49, 131–133.
- Lumbar artery pseudoaneurysm after percutaneous vertebroplasty: a unique vascular complication: report of 2 cases.J Neurosurg Spine. 2011; 14: 296-299
- Interventional radiology management of a ruptured lumbar artery pseudoaneurysm after cryoablation and vertebroplasty of a lumbar metastasis.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2016; 40: 776-779
- Lumbar false aneurysms following image-guided interventive procedures for spondylodiskitic abscesses.Skeletal Radiol. 2006; 35: 949-952
- Pseudoaneurysm following vertebral biopsy and treatment with percutaneous thrombin injection.Skeletal Radiol. 2007; 36: 1195-1198
- Anatomical and pathological considerations in percutaneous vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty: a reappraisal of the vertebral venous system.Spine. 2004; 29: 1465-1471
- Iatrogenic lumbar artery injury in spine surgery: a literature review.World Neurosurg. 2019; 122: 266-271