- •Spinal cord volume did not differ significantly between POMS patients and controls.
- •Estimated spinal cord volumes were lower in POMS patients with C2 lesions than controls in this small cohort.
- •Spinal cord average segmental area was lower in POMS patients with C2 lesions than controls in this small cohort.
Abbreviations:AOMS (adult-onset multiple sclerosis), BMI (body mass index), BSA (body surface area), CASA (spinal cord average segmental area), CSA (cross-sectional area), EMR (electronic medical record), HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996), IRB (institutional review board), IQR (interquartile range), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), MS (multiple sclerosis), POMS (pediatric-onset multiple sclerosis), SD (standard deviation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pediatric multiple sclerosis.Semin Neurol. 2016; 36: 148-153
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: 2017 revisions of the McDonald criteria.Lancet Neurol. 2018; 17: 162-173
- Characteristics of children and adolescents with multiple sclerosis.Pediatrics. 2016; 138
- Pediatric multiple sclerosis: clinical features and outcome.Neurology. 2016; 87: S74-S81
- The natural history of multiple sclerosis with childhood onset.Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2008; 110: 897-904
- A multicenter assessment of cervical cord atrophy among MS clinical phenotypes.Neurology. 2011; 76: 2096-2102
- Spinal cord volume loss: a marker of disease progression in multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2018; 91: e349-e358
- Preferential spinal cord volume loss in primary progressive multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler. 2019; 25: 947-957
- Magnetic resonance imaging features of the spinal cord in pediatric multiple sclerosis: a preliminary study.Neuroradiology. 2010; 52: 1153-1162
- Adult brain volume in multiple sclerosis: the impact of paediatric onset.Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2018; 21: 103-107
- MRI measurement of upper cervical spinal cord cross-sectional area in children.J Neuroimaging. 2020; 30: 598-602
- Cervical spinal cord atrophy: an early marker of progressive MS onset.Neurol Neuroimmunol Neuroinflamm. 2018; 5e435
- Cervical spinal cord volume loss is related to clinical disability progression in multiple sclerosis.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2015; 86: 410-418
- Mean upper cervical cord area (MUCCA) measurement in long-standing multiple sclerosis: relation to brain findings and clinical disability.Mult Scler. 2014; 20: 1860-1865
- Pathological study of spinal cord atrophy in multiple sclerosis suggests limited role of local lesions.Brain. 2005; 128: 29-34
- Computational identification of tumor anatomic location associated with survival in 2 large cohorts of human primary glioblastomas.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016; 37: 621-628
- Neuroimaging during pregnancy.Semin Neurol. 2011; 31: 361-373
- Spinal-cord MRI in multiple sclerosis: conventional and nonconventional MR techniques.Neuroimaging Clin N Am. 2009; 19: 81-99
- Atrophy and structural variability of the upper cervical cord in early multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler. 2015; 21: 875-884
- Dynamic gray matter volume changes in pediatric multiple sclerosis: a 3.5-year MRI study.Neurology. 2019; 92: e1709-e1723