- •The linguine sign consists of the elastomeric shell of a ruptured implant floating within silicone gel.
- •The linguine sign is a reliable imaging sign for identifying intracapsular implant rupture.
- •MR imaging is the most reliable method for identifying intracapsular implant rupture.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Linguine sign.Radiology. 2000; 216: 838-839https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology. 216.3.r00se16838
- The linguine sign.Vis Diagn Emerg Med. 2015; 48: 603-604https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2015.01.006
- Imaging of breast implants–a pictorial review.Insights Imaging. 2011; 2: 653-670https://doi.org/10.1007/s13244-011-0122-3
- Pasta and Noodles A Global History.Reaktion Books Ltd, 2016
Merriam-Webster. Linguine Definition & Meaning. Accessed 1 March 2022. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/linguine.
- Loulou downtown.https://www.loulou.to/recipes/food-friday-creamy-mushroom-pasta-thats-deceptively-light/Date: 2012Date accessed: January 3, 2022
- Definitive diagnosis of breast implant rupture using magnetic resonance imaging.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1993; 92: 681-691
- Silicone breast implants in vivo: MR imaging.Radiology. 1992; 185: 407-410https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology.185.2.1410346