- •Children with a typical pattern for NEHI have lower mean lung density, higher lung volume, and ventilation heterogeneity.
- •Quantitative CT is a feasible technique in children with a typical pattern for NEHI.
- •More studies are needed to assess the utility of quantitative CT in children with an atypical pattern for NEHI.
Materials and methods
Abbreviations:NEHI (Neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia of infancy), CT (Computed tomography), LAA (Low attenuation areas)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Persistent tachypnea of infancy is associated with neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2005; 40: 157-165
- Diffuse lung disease in young children: application of a novel classification scheme.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007; 176: 1120-1128
- Neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia of infancy: a prospective follow-up of nine children.Arch Dis Child. 2013; 98: 141-144
- Neuroendocrine cell distribution and frequency distinguish neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia of infancy from other pulmonary disorders.Chest. 2011; 139: 1060-1071
- Update on diffuse lung disease in children.Chest. 2016; 149: 836-845
- Neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia of infancy: diagnosis with high-resolution CT.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010; 194: 238-244
- Persistent tachypnea of infancy. Usual and aberrant.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2016; 193: 438-447
- Diagnostic criteria and follow-up in neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia of infancy: a case series.JBrasPneumol. 2013; 39: 569-578
- Ground-glass burden as a biomarker in neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia of infancy.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2019; 54: 822-827
- Quantitative CT analysis of diffuse lung disease.Radiographics. 2020; 40: 28-43
- Normal age-related quantitative CT values in the pediatric lung: from the first breath to adulthood.Clin Imaging. 2021; 75: 111-118
- Quantitative CT scans of lung parenchymal pathology in premature infants ages 0–6 years.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2018; 53: 316-323
- Quantitative chest computerized tomography and FEV1 equally identify pulmonary exacerbation risk in children with cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2018; 53: 1369-1377
- Quantitative CT analysis for bronchiolitis obliterans in perinatally HIV-infected adolescents-comparison with controls and lung function data.Eur Radiol. 2020; 30: 4358-4368
- Predictive equations for lung volumes from computed tomography for size matching in pulmonary transplantation.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016; 151: 1163-1169.e1161
- Airway resistance and spirometry in children with perinatally acquired human immunodeficiency virus-type 1 infection.Pediatr Pulmonol. 1997; 24: 406-414
- Heterogeneity of bronchoconstriction does not distinguish mild asthmatic subjects from healthy controls when supine.J Appl Physiol. 2008; 104: 10-19
- How to select, calculate, and interpret effect sizes.J Pediatr Psychol. 2009; 34: 917-928
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences.Taylor & Francis, 2013
- Abnormal infant pulmonary function in young children with neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia of infancy.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2013; 48: 1008-1015
- Current update on interstitial lung disease of infancy: new classification system, diagnostic evaluation, imaging algorithms, imaging findings, and prognosis.Radiol Clin North Am. 2016; 54: 1065-1076
- Exacerbations in neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia of infancy are characterized by increased air trapping.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2016; 51: E9-E12
- Effect of reconstruction parameters on the quantitative analysis of chest computed tomography.J Thorac Imaging. 2019; 34: 92-102
- Contrast enhanced CT-scans are not comparable to non-enhanced scans in emphysema quantification.Eur J Radiol. 2010; 74: 473-478