- •Patients who underwent surgery or cryoablation were the most likely to demonstrate a reduction in EDF lesion size.
- •Complication rates were lowest in patients who underwent cryoablation.
- •EDF lesions of the back and thorax demonstrated the highest response to treatment overall.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- MRI features of mesenteric desmoid tumors in familial adenomatous polyposis.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2005; 184: 1128-1135
- A critical analysis of treatment strategies in desmoid tumours: a review of a series of 106 cases.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2009; 35: 129-134
- Imaging of soft tissue tumors.2nd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2006
- Extraabdominal desmoid tumors.Neurosurg Focus. 2007; 22: E21
- High-dose tamoxifen and sulindac as first-line treatment for desmoid tumors.Cancer. 2004; 100: 612-620
- Successful chemotherapeutic modality of doxorubicin plus dacarbazine for the treatment of desmoid tumors in association with familial adenomatous polyposis.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 102-105
- The enigma of desmoid tumors.Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2006; 7: 438-443
- Multimodality management of desmoid tumors: how important is a negative surgical margin?.J Surg Oncol. 2008; 98: 594-602
- The role of postoperative irradiation in the treatment of locally recurrent incompletely resected extra-abdominal desmoid tumors.Sarcoma. 2004; 8: 83-86
- Results of a phase II pilot study of moderate dose radiotherapy for inoperable desmoid-type fibromatosis—an EORTC STBSG and ROG study (EORTC 62991–22998).Ann Oncol. 2013; 24: 2672-2676
- Radiotherapy is effective for desmoid tumors (aggressive fibromatosis)—long-term results of a German multicenter study.Oncol Res Treat. 2014; 37: 255-260
- Meta-analysis of the influence of surgical margin and adjuvant radiotherapy on local recurrence after resection of sporadic desmoid-type fibromatosis.Br J Surg. 2017; 104: 347-357
- Trends in musculoskeletal ablation: emerging indications and techniques.Tech Vasc Interv Radiol. 2020; 23100678
- Early experience with percutaneous cryoablation of extra-abdominal desmoid tumors.Skeletal Radiol. 2010; 39: 175-182
- Percutaneous image-guided cryoablation in inoperable extra-abdominal desmoid tumors: a study of tolerability and efficacy.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2014; 37: 1500-1506
- Percutaneous cryoablation of extraabdominal desmoid tumors: a 10-year experience.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2016; 207: 190-195
- Percutaneous cryoablation for the treatment of extra-abdominal desmoid tumors.J Surg Oncol. 2019; 120: 366-375
- Local control and analgesic efficacy of percutaneous cryoablation for desmoid tumors.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2020; 43: 110-119
- CRYODESMO-01: a prospective, open phase II study of cryoablation in desmoid tumour patients progressing after medical treatment.Eur J Cancer. 2021; 143: 78-87
- Percutaneous cryoablation for advanced and refractory extra-abdominal desmoid tumors.Int J Clin Oncol. 2021; 26: 1147-1158
- Cryoablation of extra-abdominal desmoid tumors: a single-center experience with literature review.Diagnostics (Basel). 2020; 10: 556
- Proposal of a new adverse event classification by the Society of Interventional Radiology Standards of Practice Committee.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017; 28: 1432-1437.e3
- Radiofrequency ablation: another treatment option for local control of desmoid tumors.Skeletal Radiol. 2010; 39: 169-173
- NCCN guidelines insights: soft tissue sarcoma, version 1.2021.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2020; 18: 1604-1612
- Current perspectives on desmoid tumors: the Mayo Clinic approach.Cancers (Basel). 2011; 3: 3143-3155
- Local control of extra-abdominal desmoid tumors: systematic review and meta-analysis.Rare Tumors. 2013; 5e2
- Surgery versus radiation therapy for patients with aggressive fibromatosis or desmoid tumors: a comparative review of 22 articles.Cancer. 2000; 88: 1517-1523
- A single-center 10-year retrospective analysis of cryoablation for the management of desmoid tumors.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2021; 32: 1277-1287
- Outcome of primary desmoid tumors at all anatomic locations initially managed with active surveillance.Ann Surg Oncol. 2019; 26: 4699-4706
- Surgical versus non-surgical approach in primary desmoid-type fibromatosis patients: a nationwide prospective cohort from the French Sarcoma Group.Eur J Cancer. 2017; 83: 125-131
- The management of desmoid tumours: a joint global consensus-based guideline approach for adult and paediatric patients.Eur J Cancer. 2020; 127: 96-107