- •Incidental liver lesions are often encountered on baseline breast MRI.
- •Liver MRI is often used to characterize incidental lesions found on breast MRI.
- •Liver lesions are unlikely malignant in women without a known current cancer.
- •Liver lesions are more likely metastatic in higher stage breast cancer patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidental extra-mammary findings in breast MRI.Clin Radiol. 2015; 70: 523-527
- Prevalence of extramammary findings on breast MRI: a large retrospective single-centre study.Radiol Med. 2013; 118: 1109-1118
- Let's go out of the breast: prevalence of extra-mammary findings and their characterization on breast MRI.Eur J Radiol. 2014; 83: 930-934
- Extramammary findings on breast MR examinations: frequency, clinical relevance, and patient outcomes.Radiology. 2015; 276: 56-64
- Extra-mammary findings in breast MRI.Eur Radiol. 2011; 21: 2268-2276
- Extramammary findings in T2-weighted MR breast images.Eur J Radiol. 2012; 81: S181-S182
- Incidental liver lesions seen on breast MRI: when is additional imaging warranted?.Eur J Radiol. 2017; 95: 319-324
- American Joint Committee on Cancer cancer staging manual.Eight Edition. The American College of Surgeons, Chicago, Illinois2018
R Development Core Team. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2021.
- Delineating extramammary findings at breast MR imaging.Radiographics. 2017; 37: 10-31
- Comparing breast and abdominal subspecialists' follow-up recommendations for incidental liver lesions on breast MRI.J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 773-778
- Incidental hepatic lesions detected on breast MRI: rate of malignancy and implications for utilization.Clin Imaging. 2018; 51: 93-97
- (18)F-FDG-PET/CT for systemic staging of newly diagnosed triple-negative breast cancer.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016; 43: 1937-1944
- (18)F-FDG-PET/CT for systemic staging of patients with newly diagnosed ER-positive and HER2-positive breast cancer.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017; 44: 1420-1427
- Invasive breast cancer version 1.2016, NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016; 14: 324-354