- •Enhancing foci on breast MRIs sometimes pose diagnostic dilemmas.
- •Foci on screening MRIs may be less suspicious than foci on diagnostic MRIs.
- •Foci in the same quadrant of a known malignancy may be more suspicious.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ACR BI-RADS magnetic resonance imaging.in: D'Orsi C.J. Sickles E.A. Mendelson E.B. ACR BI-RADS atlas, breast imaging reporting and data system. American College of Radiology, Reston, VA2013
- Outcomes of foci on breast MRI: features associated with malignancy.AJR. 2020; 215: 1012-1019
- Small masses on breast MR: is biopsy necessary?.Acad Radiol. 2012; 19: 412-419
- Characteristics and outcome of enhancing foci followed on breast MRI with management implications.Clin Radiol. 2014; 69: 715-720
- Single focus on breast magnetic resonance imaging: diagnosis based on kinetic pattern and patient age.Acta Radiol. 2017; 58: 652-659
- The diverse pathology and kinetics of mass, nonmass, and focus enhancement on MR imaging of the breast.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2011; 33: 1382-1389
- MRI appearance of invasive subcentimetre breast carcinoma: benign characteristics are common.Br J Radiol. 2017; 90: 20170102
- Potential MRI interpretation model: differentiation of benign from malignant breast masses.AJR. 2005; 185: 964-970
- Does size matter? Positive predictive value of MRI-detected breast lesions as a function of lesion size.AJR. 2006; 186: 426-430
- Outcome of MRI-guided breast biopsy.AJR. 2008; 191: 1798-1804
- Characteristics of probably benign breast MRI lesions.AJR. 2009; 193: 861-867
- MR-directed ("Second-Look") ultrasound examination for breast lesions detected initially on MRI: MR and sonographic findings.AJR. 2010; 194: 370-377
- Frequency of malignancy seen in probably benign lesions at contrast-enhanced breast MR imaging: findings from ACRIN 6667.Radiology. 2010; 255: 731-737
- Does size matter? Likelihood of cancer in MRI-detected lesions less than 5 mm. (letter).AJR. 2007; 188 ([web]W571)
- Foci on breast magnetic resonance imaging in high-risk women: cancer or not?.Radiol Med. 2016; 121: 611-617
- MR imaging of the ipsilateral breast in women with percutaneously proven breast cancer.AJR. 2003; 180: 901-910
- Outcome analysis of 9-gauge MRI-guided vacuum-assisted core needle breast biopsies.AJR. 2012; 198: 292-299
- MRI-guided breast biopsy: outcomes and effect on patient management.Clin Breast Cancer. 2015; 15: 143-152
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging: management of an enhancing focus.Radiol Clin North Am. 2014; 52: 585-589
- Utility of diffusion-weighted imaging to decrease unnecessary biopsies prompted by breast MRI: a trial of the ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group (A6702).Clin Cancer Res. 2019; 25: 1756-1765
- Apparent diffusion coefficient values for discriminating benign and malignant breast MRI lesions: effects of lesion typed and size.AJR. 2010; 194: 1664-1673