- •Presence of complete major and minor fissures can increase the risk of torsion.
- •CT and/or CTA are useful modalities to detect lung torsion.
- •Lack of contrast in pulmonary vessels, high-grade narrowing of bronchus, abnormal location of segment are imaging findings.
- •Anatomical defects in transplanted lungs plus significant manipulation during surgery can increase the risk of torsion.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Lobar torsion following bilateral lung transplantation.J Card Surg. 2015; 30: 209-214https://doi.org/10.1111/jocs.12476
- Lobar torsion after lung transplantation.J Formos Med Assoc. 2013; 112: 105-108https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfma.2012.10.012
- Pulmonary resection after lung transplantation in cystic fibrosis patients.Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2011; 3: 202-206https://doi.org/10.1177/0218492311409242
- Lobar torsion after lung transplantation—a case report and review of the literature.Artif Organs. 2009; 33: 551-554https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1594.2009.00737.x
- Lobar torsion complicating bilateral lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2003; 22: 102-106https://doi.org/10.1016/S1053-2498(02)00487-4
- Acute, life-threatening complications of lung transplantation.Radiographics. 1998; 18: 21-43https://doi.org/10.1148/radiographics.18.1.9460107
- Radiographic and CT appearances of the major fissures.Radiographics. 2001; 21: 861-874https://doi.org/10.1148/radiographics.21.4.g01jl24861
- Lung torsion after lung transplantation evaluation with helical CT.Am J Roentgenol. 2000; 174: 1341-1343https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.174.5.1741341
- Complications of lung transplantation: update on imaging manifestations and management.Radiol Cardiothorac Imaging. 2021; 3 (Published online)
- Lung torsion: radiographic findings in nine cases.Radiology. 1987; 162: 631-638https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology.162.3.3809475
- Middle lobe torsion after unilateral lung transplant.J Radiol Case Rep. 2016; 10: 15-21https://doi.org/10.3941/jrcr.v10i5.2761