- •4D-CT parathyroid scans are increasingly utilized to detect parathyroid adenomas.
- •CT dual-energy VNC images on 4D-CT parathyroid scans reduce radiation dose.
- •CT spectral VNC images on 4D-CT parathyroid scans may also reduce radiation dose.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- How to perform parathyroid 4D CT: tips and traps for technique and interpretation.Radiology. 2014; 270: 15-24https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.13122661
- Parathyroid ultrasonography: the evolving role of the radiologist.Ultrasonography. 2015; 34: 268-274https://doi.org/10.14366/usg.14071
- Parathyroid imaging with technetium-99m sestamibi.Biomed Pharmacother. 2000; 54: 12s-16shttps://doi.org/10.1016/s0753-3322(00)80004-9
- Parathyroid adenomas and hyperplasia on four-dimensional CT scans: three patterns of enhancement relative to the thyroid gland justify a three-phase protocol.Radiology. 2015; 277: 454-462https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2015142393
- Dual-energy 4-phase CT scan in primary hyperparathyroidism.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2013; 34: E91-E93https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A3657
- 3-phase dual-energy CT scan as a feasible salvage imaging modality for the identification of non-localizing parathyroid adenomas: a prospective study.J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015; 44: 44https://doi.org/10.1186/s40463-015-0098-y
- Improved preoperative planning for directed parathyroidectomy with 4-dimensional computed tomography.Surgery. 2006; 140 (discussion 940–931): 932-940
- CT: general principles.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012; 199: S3-S8https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.12.9116
- Detection of parathyroid adenomas using a monophasic dual-energy computed tomography acquisition: diagnostic performance and potential radiation dose reduction.Neuroradiology. 2016; 58: 1135-1141https://doi.org/10.1007/s00234-016-1736-4
- Dual energy 4D-CT of parathyroid adenomas not clearly localized by sestamibi scintigraphy and ultrasonography - a retrospective study.Eur J Radiol. 2020; 124: 108821https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2020.108821
- Dual-energy CT characteristics of parathyroid adenomas on 25-and 55-second 4D-CT acquisitions: preliminary experience.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2016; 40: 806-814https://doi.org/10.1097/rct.0000000000000442
- Dual-energy parathyroid 4D-CT: improved discrimination of parathyroid lesions from thyroid tissue using noncontrast 40-keV virtual monoenergetic images.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2021; https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A7265
- Potential of dual-layer spectral CT for the differentiation between hemorrhage and iodinated contrast medium in the brain after endovascular treatment of ischemic stroke patients.Clin Imaging. 2021; 79: 158-164https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2021.04.020
- Benefit of dual-layer spectral CT in emergency imaging of different organ systems.Clin Radiol. 2020; 75: 886-902https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crad.2020.06.012