- •Identifying factors that impact coronary attenuation could improve coronary CT angiography (CCTA) image quality.
- •We explore the association of LA size simply assessed by non-contrast CT with image quality in CCTA.
- •We found that contrast enhancement and contras-noise ratio of coronary artery decreased with LA size.
- •Future studies are needed to establish CCTA protocols based on LA size.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Growing epidemic of coronary heart disease in low- and middle-income countries.Curr Probl Cardiol. 2010; 35: 72-115
- Executive summary: heart disease and stroke statistics–2010 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2010; 121: 948-954
- RETRACTED ARTICLE: diagnostic accuracy of 320-row computed tomography as compared with invasive coronary angiography in unselected, consecutive patients with suspected coronary artery disease.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013; 29: 443-452
- Coronary computed tomography angiography in coronary artery disease.World J Cardiol. 2011; 3: 303-310
- 2013 ESC guidelines on the management of stable coronary artery disease: the task force on the management of stable coronary artery disease of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 2949-3003
- Stenosis quantification of coronary arteries in coronary vessel phantoms with second-generation dual-source CT: influence of measurement parameters and limitations.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013; 201: W227-W234
- Multidetector computed tomography evaluation of coronary plaque morphology in patients with stable angina.Heart Vessel. 2011; 26: 392-398
- Influence of intra-coronary enhancement on diagnostic accuracy with 64-slice CT coronary angiography.Eur Radiol. 2008; 18: 576-583
- Higher intracoronary attenuation improves diagnostic accuracy in MDCT coronary angiography.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2006; 187: W430-W433
- Intravenous contrast medium administration and scan timing at CT: considerations and approaches.Radiology. 2010; 256: 32-61
- Contrast enhancement in cardiovascular MDCT: effect of body weight, height, body surface area, body mass index, and obesity.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2008; 190: 777-784
- Effect of contrast material injection duration and rate on aortic peak time and peak enhancement at dynamic CT involving injection protocol with dose tailored to patient weight.Radiology. 2004; 230: 142-150
- Image quality and radiation exposure with a low tube voltage protocol for coronary CT angiography results of the PROTECTION II trial.J Am Coll Cardiol Img. 2010; 3: 1113-1123
- Influence of hemodynamic parameters on coronary artery attenuation with 320-detector coronary CT angiography.Eur J Radiol. 2012; 81: 230-233
- Diastolic dysfunction and left atrial volume: a population-based study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 45: 87-92
TSM Tsang , ME Barnes BJ Gersh KR Bailey JB Seward . Left atrial volume as a morphophysiologic expression of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction and relation to cardiovascular risk burden. Am J Cardiol90(12):1284-9.
- Left atrial size: physiologic determinants and clinical applications.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 2357-2363
- Influence of cardiac function on image quality in coronary computed tomography angiography.Clin Imaging. 2019; 53: 58-64
- Left atrium measurements via computed tomography pulmonary angiogram as a predictor of diastolic dysfunction.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2017; 41: 792-797
- Comparison of left atrial volume by two-dimensional echocardiography and cine-computed tomography.Am J Cardiol. 1995; 75: 754-757
- Influence of cardiac hemodynamic parameters on coronary artery opacification with 64-slice computed tomography.Eur Radiol. 2006; 16: 1111-1116
- Left atrial transverse diameter on computed tomography angiography can accurately diagnose left atrial enlargement in patients with atrial fibrillation.J Thorac Imaging. 2015; 30: 214-217
- Guidelines, criteria, and rules of thumb for evaluating normed and standardized assessment instrument in psychology.1994 (284-90 p)
- Left atrium size and the risk of cardiovascular death in middle-aged men.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 1788-1793
- Left atrial volume: a powerful predictor of survival after acute myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2003; 107: 2207-2212
- Quantitative assessment of left atrial volume by electrocardiographic-gated contrast-enhanced multidetector computed tomography.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2009; 3: 80-87
- Pulmonary hypertension due to left heart disease.Circulation. 2012; 126: 975-990
- Clinical practice. Acute pulmonary edema.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 2788-2796
- Dilated left atrium and pulmonary veins in patients with calcified coronary artery: a potential contributor to the genesis of atrial fibrillation.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2009; 20: 153-158