- •Intramural diverticulosis is the initial manifestation of a common colonic disorder.
- •It often develops in adults younger than 40 years in age.
- •It appears as 1-2 mm mucosal pockets protruding in to the colonic wall.
- •It represents a potential site for intramural diverticulitis.
- •These lesions can be diagnosed by barium enema or CT.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diverticulosis today: unfashionable and still under-researched.Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2016; 9: 213-228
- Diverticular disease of the colon.in: Gore R.M. Levine M.S. Textbook of gastrointestinal radiology. Elsevier Saunders Company, Philadelphia, PA2015: 934-954
- Epidemiology and pathophysiology of diverticular disease.Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2009; 22: 141-146
- CT and clinical features of acute diverticulitis in an urban US population: rising frequency in young obese adults.. 2006; 187: 689-694
- Obesity and risk of colonic diverticulosis: a meta-analysis.Dis Colon Rectum. 2018; 61: 476-483
- Normal colonic wall thickness at CT and its relation to colonic distension.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2002; 26: 102-106
- CT evaluation of wall thickening in the alimentary tract.Radiographics. 1991; 11: 771-783
- CT of bowel wall thickening: significance and pitfalls of interpretation.. 2001; 176: 1105-1116
- Surgical approach to cecal diverticulitis.J Am Coll Surg. 1999; 188: 629-634
- Epidemiology and pathogenesis of diverticular disease.J Gastrointest Surg. 2008; 12: 1309-1311
- Imaging update: acute colonic diverticulitis.Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2009; 22: 147-155
- Acute diverticulitis in patients 40 years of age or younger.Am J Emerg Med. 2000; 18: 140-142
- Acute diverticulitis in very young patients: a frequent surgical management.Dis Colon Rectum. 2007; 50: 472-477
- Diverticulitis in the young patient.Am Surg. 2001; 67: 458-461
- Diverticulitis in the young patient-is it different.World J Gastroenterol. 2006; 12: 2932-2935
- Younger age and prognosis in diverticulitis: a nationwide retrospective cohort study.Can J Gastroenterol. 2013; 27: 95-98
- The intramural diverticulum and dissecting diverticulitis.AMA Arch Surg. 1957; 75: 800-806
- Intramural masses secondary to diverticular disease of the colon.. 1972; 115: 368-371
- Esophageal intramural pseudodiverticulosis: a reevaluation.. 1986; 147: 1165-1170
- Intramural diverticulosis of the gallbladder; Rokitanski-Aschoff sinuses.Radiology. 1955; 64: 366-372