- •AI has a significantly negative impact on US medical students' choice of radiology.
- •AI may deter one-sixth of students from choosing radiology as their top specialty.
- •Students obtain negative opinions on AI in radiology from the medical community.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Artificial intelligence, radiology, and the way forward.Can Assoc Radiol J. 2019; 70: 10-12
- Artificial intelligence in radiology: current technology and future directions.Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 2018; 22: 540-545
- Artificial intelligence in medical imaging: threat or opportunity? Radiologists again at the forefront of innovation in medicine.Eur Radiol Exp. 2018; 2: 35
- Radiology in 2018: are you working with AI or being replaced by AI?.Radiology. 2018; 287: 365-366
- Artificial intelligence: threat or boon to radiologists?.J Am Coll Radiol. 2017; 14: 1476-1480
- Influence of artificial intelligence on Canadian medical Students' preference for radiology specialty: anational survey study.Acad Radiol. 2019; 26: 566-577
- Medical students' attitude towards artificial intelligence: a multicentre survey.Eur Radiol. 2019; 29: 1640-1646
- A survey on the future of radiology among radiologists, medical students and surgeons: students and surgeons tend to be more skeptical about artificial intelligence and radiologists may fear that other disciplines take over.Eur J Radiol. 2019; 121108742
- Medical student perspectives on the impact of artificial intelligence on the practice of medicine.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2021; 50: 614-619
- Surveying fourth-year medical students regarding the choice of diagnostic radiology as a specialty.J Am Coll Radiol. 2016; 13: 188-195
- The stability of factors influencing the choice of medical specialty among medical students and postgraduate radiology trainees.J Am Coll Radiol. 2018; 15: 886-891
- Radiology clerkship requirements in Canada and the United States: current state and impact on residency application.J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 515-522
- Artificial intelligence in radiology: resident recruitment help or hindrance?.Acad Radiol. 2019; 26: 699-700
- Results and data: 2020 main residency Match®.National Resident Matching Program, Washington, DC2020
- Attitudes and perceptions of UK medical students towards artificial intelligence and radiology: a multicentre survey.Insights Imaging. 2020; 11: 14
- What do medical students actually need to know about artificial intelligence?.NPJ Digit Med. 2020; 3: 86