- •CTAs demonstrated high diagnostic accuracy for VS in a retrospective cohort.
- •CTAs has advantages of lower radiation dose and lower iodine contrast dose.
- •CTAs should be considered in patients requiring serial CTA/CTP assessment e.g. ASAH.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Vasospasm in cerebral inflammation.Int J Inflamm. 2014; 2014509707https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/509707
- A multinational comparison of subarachnoid hemorrhage epidemiology in the WHO MONICA stroke study.Stroke. May 2000; 31: 1054-1061https://doi.org/10.1161/01.str.31.5.1054
- Risk of recurrent subarachnoid haemorrhage, death, or dependence and standardised mortality ratios after clipping or coiling of an intracranial aneurysm in the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT): long-term follow-up.Lancet Neurol. May 2009; 8: 427-433https://doi.org/10.1016/s1474-4422(09)70080-8
- Global and domain-specific cognitive impairment and outcome after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Neurology. 2002; 59: 1750-1758https://doi.org/10.1212/01.wnl.0000035748.91128.c2
- Microthrombosis after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: an additional explanation for delayed cerebral ischemia.J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. Nov 2008; 28: 1761-1770https://doi.org/10.1038/jcbfm.2008.74
- Diagnostic accuracy of CT angiography and CT perfusion for cerebral vasospasm: a meta-analysis.Am J Neuroradiol. 2010; 31: 1853-1860https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.a2246
- Defining vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage: what is the most clinically relevant definition?.Stroke. Jun 2009; 40: 1963-1968https://doi.org/10.1161/strokeaha.108.544700
- Using quantitative CT perfusion for evaluation of delayed cerebral ischemia following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Dec 2011; 32: 2047-2053https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A2693
- A review of the management of cerebral vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.World Neurosurg. Jun 2019; 126: 513-527https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2019.03.083
- Results of an international survey on the investigation and endovascular management of cerebral vasospasm and delayed cerebral ischemia.World Neurosurg. Jun 2015; 83: 1120-1126.e1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2015.01.036
- Vasospasm: role of imaging in detection and monitoring treatment.Neuroimaging Clin N Am. May 2021; 31: 147-155https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nic.2021.01.004
- Reduced-dose CT protocol for the assessment of cerebral vasospasm.Neuroradiology. Dec 2015; 57: 1211-1218https://doi.org/10.1007/s00234-015-1585-6
- Vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage: utility of perfusion CT and CT angiography on diagnosis and management.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Jan 2006; 27: 26-34
- Cost-effectiveness of CT angiography and perfusion imaging for delayed cerebral ischemia and vasospasm in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Sep 2014; 35: 1714-1720https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A3947
- Effects of radiation exposure on the cost-effectiveness of CT angiography and perfusion imaging in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Mar 2017; 38: 462-468https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A5034
- Feasibility of extended-coverage perfusion and dynamic computer tomography (CT) angiography using toggling-table technique on 64-slice CT.J Neuroradiol. Jul 2011; 38: 156-160https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neurad.2010.10.004
- 4D-CTA in neurovascular disease: a review.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Jun 2015; 36: 1026-1033https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A4162
- CT angiography and perfusion imaging in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage: correlation of vasospasm to perfusion abnormality.Neuroradiology. Feb 2009; 51: 85-93https://doi.org/10.1007/s00234-008-0466-7
- Multidetector-row CT angiography of cerebral vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: comparison of volume-rendered images and digital subtraction angiography.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Feb 2006; 27: 370-377
- Estimation of confidence intervals for area under the curve from destructively obtained pharmacokinetic data.J Pharmacokinet Biopharm. Feb 1998; 26: 87-102https://doi.org/10.1023/a:1023228925137
- Reliability of CT angiography in cerebral vasospasm: a systematic review of the literature and an inter- and intraobserver study.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Apr 2020; 41: 612-618https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A6462
- Cerebral vasospasm after spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage: angiographic pattern and its impact on the clinical course.World Neurosurg. Jun 2020; 138: e913-e921https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2020.03.146
- CT perfusion for detection of delayed cerebral ischemia in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a systematic review and meta-analysis.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. May 2014; 35: 866-871https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A3787
- Prospective multicenter study of changes in MTT after aneurysmal SAH and relationship to delayed cerebral ischemia in patients with good- and poor-grade admission status.Am J Neuroradiol. 2018; 39: 2027-2033https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.a5844
- Diagnosing vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage: CTA and CTP.Can J Neurol Sci. 2014; 41: 314-319https://doi.org/10.1017/s031716710001725x
- Temporal evolution of cerebral computed tomography perfusion after acute subarachnoid hemorrhage: a prospective cohort study.Acta Radiol. 2020; 61: 376-385https://doi.org/10.1177/0284185119858701
- Computed tomography perfusion imaging after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage can detect cerebral vasospasm and predict delayed cerebral ischemia after endovascular treatment.Surg Neurol Int. 2020; 11: 233https://doi.org/10.25259/sni_14_2020
- Automated grading of cerebral vasospasm to standardize computed tomography angiography examinations after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Front Neurol. 2020; 11: 13https://doi.org/10.3389/fneur.2020.00013
- Estimation of radiation exposure for brain perfusion CT: standard protocol compared with deviations in protocol.AJR Am J Roentgenol. Nov 2013; 201: W730-W734https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.12.10031
- Computed tomography–an increasing source of radiation exposure.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 2277-2284https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra072149
- What do we know about ALARA? Is our knowledge sufficient about radiation safety?.J Neurosurg Sci. Dec 2017; 61: 597-602https://doi.org/10.23736/s0390-5616.16.03418-4
- Use of intravenous iodinated contrast media in patients with kidney disease: consensus statements from the American College of Radiology and the National Kidney Foundation.Radiology. Mar 2020; 294: 660-668https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2019192094
- Renal safety of intra-arterial treatment after acute ischemic stroke with multimodal CT imaging selection.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. Jul 2019; 28: 2031-2037https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2019.02.027
- Incidence of contrast nephropathy from cerebral CT angiography and CT perfusion imaging.Neurology. 2005; 64: 1805-1806https://doi.org/10.1212/01.Wnl.0000161845.69114.62