- •Traditional ellipsoid measurements overestimate prostate volume versus segmentation.
- •Both methods derived PSA density have similar performance for Gleason >/=7 disease.
- •Segmentation method for PSA density outperforms ellipsoid for high grade cancer.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) density in the diagnostic algorithm of prostate cancer.Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2018 Apr; 21: 57-63https://doi.org/10.1038/s41391-017-0024-7
- A study of a pretreatment method to predict the number of I-125 seeds required for prostate brachytherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006 May 1; 65: 304-307https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2005.12.030
- The effect of finasteride on the risk of acute urinary retention and the need for surgical treatment among men with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Finasteride long-term efficacy and safety study group.N Engl J Med. 1998 Feb 26; 338: 557-563https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199802263380901
- Interobserver variability of transrectal ultrasound for prostate volume measurement according to volume and observer experience.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009 Feb; 192: 444-449https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.07.3617
- Characterization and PI-RADS version 2 assessment of prostate cancers missed by prebiopsy 3-T multiparametric MRI: correlation with whole-mount thin-section histopathology.Clin Imaging. 2019 May-Jun; 55: 174-180https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2019.03.004
- Automatic segmentation of prostate magnetic resonance imaging using generative adversarial networks.Clin Imaging. 2021 Feb; 70: 1-9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2020.10.014
- Prebiopsy multiparametric MRI and PI-RADS version 2.0 for differentiating histologically benign prostate disease from prostate cancer in biopsies: a retrospective single-center comparison.Clin Imaging. 2021 Mar 20; 78: 98-103https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2021.03.011
- Prostate imaging reporting and data system version 2.1: 2019 update of prostate imaging reporting and data system version 2.Eur Urol. 2019 Sep; 76: 340-351https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2019.02.033
- Prostate Imaging Reporting and Data System (PI-RADS): what the radiologists need to know?.Clin Imaging. 2021 May 31; 79: 183-200https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2021.05.026
- Performance of PI-RADS v2 assessment categories assigned prior to MR-US fusion biopsy in a new fusion biopsy program.Clin Imaging. 2020 Aug; 64: 29-34https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2020.03.004
- Can high b-value 3.0 T biparametric MRI with the Simplified Prostate Image Reporting and Data System (S-PI-RADS) be used in biopsy-naïve men?.Clin Imaging. 2021 Jun 29; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2021.06.024
- The 2014 International Society of Urological Pathology (ISUP) consensus conference on gleason grading of prostatic carcinoma: definition of grading patterns and proposal for a new grading system.Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2016 Feb; 40: 244-252https://doi.org/10.1097/PAS.0000000000000530
- Measurement of prostate volume with MRI (A guide for the Perplexed): biproximate method with analysis of precision and accuracy.Sci Rep. 2020 Jan 17; 10: 575https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-57046-x. PMID: 31953425; PMCID: PMC6969030
- User's guide to correlation coefficients.Turk J Emerg Med. 2018; 18: 91-93https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tjem.2018.08.001
- Determination of prostate volume: a comparison of contemporary methods.Acad Radiol. 2018 Dec; 25: 1582-1587https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2018.03.014
- Comparison of PI-RADS versions 2.0 and 2.1 for MRI-based calculation of the prostate volume.Acad Radiol. 2020 Aug 17; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2020.07.027
- Evaluation of prostate volume in mpMRI: comparison of the recommendations of PI-RADS v2 and PI-RADS v2.1.Diagn Interv Radiol. 2021 Jan; 27: 15-19https://doi.org/10.5152/dir.2020.20023
- Prostate volume estimation on MRI: accuracy and effects of ellipsoid and bullet-shaped measurements on PSA density.Acad Radiol. 2020 Jun 14; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2020.05.014
- Prostate cancer (version 2.2021).
- The value of PSA density in combination with PI-RADS™ for the accuracy of prostate cancer prediction.J Urol. 2017 Sep; 198: 575-582https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2017.03.130
- Clinical utility of PSAD combined with PI-RADS category for the detection of clinically significant prostate cancer.Urol Oncol. 2020 Nov; 38: 846.e9-846.e16https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urolonc.2020.05.024
- Is the ellipsoid formula the new standard for 3-T MRI prostate volume calculation without endorectal coil?.Urol Int. 2017; 98: 49-53https://doi.org/10.1159/000448593
- Prostate volume estimations using magnetic resonance imaging and transrectal ultrasound compared to radical prostatectomy specimens.Can Urol Assoc J. 2016 Aug; 10: 264-268https://doi.org/10.5489/cuaj.3236
- Comparison of prostate volume measured by endorectal coil MRI to prostate specimen volume and mass after radical prostatectomy.Acad Radiol. 2015 May; 22: 556-562https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2015.01.003
- Transrectal ultrasound versus magnetic resonance imaging in the estimation of prostate volume as compared with radical prostatectomy specimens.Urol Int. 2007; 78: 323-327https://doi.org/10.1159/000100836