- •CESM is as effective as MRI in evaluating index cancers and additional disease.
- •CESM has comparable sensitivity and better specificity than MRI.
- •Prospective study shows CESM is useful modality in underrepresented minority patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
U.S. Cancer Statistics Working Group. U.S. Cancer Statistics Data Visualizations Tool: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute; https://gis.cdc.gov/Cancer/USCS/DataViz.html (Accessed December 2020).
- Health and racial disparity in breast cancer.Adv Exp Med Biol. 2019; 1152: 31-49
- Racial disparities in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment by hormone receptor and HER2 status.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2015; 24: 1666-1672
- Health care disparities in breast cancer: the economics of access to screening, diagnosis, and treatment.J Breast Imaging. 2020; 2: 524-529
- Disparities at the intersection of race and ethnicity: examining trends and outcomes in hispanic women with breast cancer.JCO Oncol Pract. 2020; 0: 0
- https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/RHI725219Date accessed: December , 2020
- Contrast-enhanced spectral mammography (CESM).Clin Radiol. 2018; 73: 715-723
- Comparison of digital mammography alone and digital mammography plus tomosynthesis in a population-based screening program.Radiology. 2013 April; 267: 47-56
- Integration of 3D digital mammography with tomosynthesis for population breast cancer screening.Lancet Oncology. 2013 June; 14: 583-589
- Implementation of breast tomosynthesis in a routine screening practice.Am J Roentgenol. 2013 June; 200: 1401-1408
- Changes in the surgical management of patients with breast carcinoma based on preoperative magnetic resonance imaging.Cancer. 2003; 98: 468-473
- Magnetic resonance imaging in the preoperative assessment of patients with primary breast cancer; systematic review of diagnostic accuracy and meta-analysis.Euro Radiology. 2012; 22: 26-38
- Accuracy and surgical impact of magnetic resonance imaging in breast cancer staging: systematic review and meta-analysis in detection of multifocal and multicentric cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 3248-3258
- Narrowing the gap: imaging disparities in radiology.Radiology. 2021; 299: 27-35
- Diagnostic value of contrast-enhanced spectral mammography for screening breast cancer: systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Breast Cancer. 2018; 18: 985-995
- Potential cost Savings of Contrast-Enhanced Digital Mammography.Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 208: 231-237
- Contrast-enhanced spectral mammography (CESM) and contrast enhanced MRI (CEMRI): patient preferences and tolerance.J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2015; 59: 300-305
- Bias, prevalence and kappa.J Clin Epidemiol. 1993; 46: 423-429
- Prevalence-adjusted bias adjusted k values as additional indicators to measure observer agreement [letter].Radiology. 2004; 232: 302-303
- High signal intensity in the dentate nucleus and globus pallidus on unenhanced T1-weighted MR images: relationship with increasing cumulative dose of a gadolinium-based contrast material.Radiology. 2014; 270: 834-841
- Gadolinium retention and breast MRI screening.Am J Roentgenol. 2020; 214: 324-327
- Evaluation of 3.0-T MRI brain signal after exposure to gadoterate meglumine in women with high breast cancer risk and screening breast MRI.Radiology. 2019; 293: 523-530
- Newly diagnosed breast cancer: comparison of contrast-enhanced spectral mammography and breast MR imaging in the evaluation of extent of disease.Radiology. 2017; 285: 389-400
- A meta-analysis of contrast-enhanced spectral mammography versus MRI in the diagnosis of breast cancer.Thorac Cancer. 2020; 11: 1423-1432
- Bilateral contrast enhanced dual-energy digital mammography: feasibility and comparison with conventional digital mammography and MR imaging in women with known breast carcinoma.Radiology. 2013; 266: 743-751
- Clinical performance of contrast-enhanced spectral mammography in pre-surgical evaluation of breast malignant lesions in dense breasts: a single center study.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2020; 184: 723-731
- Diagnostic value of contrast-enhanced spectral mammography in comparison to magnetic resonance imaging in breast lesions.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2019; 43: 245-251
- MRI evaluation of the contralateral breast in women with recently diagnosed breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 1295-1303
- Magnetic resonance imaging in the preoperative assessment of patients with primary breast cancer: systematic review of diagnostic accuracy and meta-analysis.Eur Radiol. 2012; 22: 26-38
- Contrast-enhanced mammography: a scientific review.J Breast Imaging. 2020; 2: 7-15