- •Rectal MRI synoptic reporting contains “polypoid” as a morphologic descriptor.
- •Polypoid morphology of rectal cancer may confer a lower T and N stage.
- •Partially circumferential & circumferential rectal cancers mean higher T & N stage.
- •Polypoid rectal cancers may benefit from surgery rather than neoadjuvant treatment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- From guidelines to practice: how reporting templates promote the use of radiology practice guidelines.J Am Coll Radiol. 2013; 10: 268-273
- Improving communication of diagnostic radiology findings through structured reporting.Radiology. 2011; 260: 174-181
- Magnetic resonance imaging for clinical management of rectal cancer: updated recommendations from the 2016 european Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR) consensus meeting.Eur Radiol. 2018; 28: 1465-1475
- MRI primary rectal cancer staging template.https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.abdominalradiology.org/resource/resmgr/education_dfp/rectal_cancer/v2.mri_primary_rectal_cancer.pdf([accessed May 6, 2020)Date: 2019
- Structured reporting of rectal magnetic resonance imaging in suspected primary rectal cancer: potential benefits for surgical planning and interdisciplinary communication.Invest Radiol. 2017; 52: 232-239
- Impact of a structured report template on the quality of MRI reports for rectal cancer staging.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2015; 205: 584-588
- Standardised reports with a template format are superior to free text reports: the case for rectal cancer reporting in clinical practice.Eur Radiol. 2019; 29: 5121-5128
- Radiology reports: what YOU think You're saying and what THEY think You're saying.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2017; 46: 186-195
- Rectal cancer lexicon: consensus statement from the society of abdominal radiology rectal & anal cancer disease-focused panel.Abdom Radiol (NY). 2019; 44: 3508-3517
- Genetic alterations in the adenoma–carcinoma sequence.Cancer. 1992; 70: 1727-1731
- The potential of radiomic-based phenotyping in precision medicine: a review.JAMA Oncol. 2016; 2: 1636-1642
- Morphologic predictors of lymph node status in rectal cancer with use of high-spatial-resolution MR imaging with histopathologic comparison.Radiology. 2003; 227: 371-377
- A nonparametric measure of intraclass correlation.Biometrika. 1979; 66: 629-639
- Statistical methods for rates and proportions.2nd ed. Wiley, New York, NY1981
- T-staging of rectal cancer: utility of single-shot turbo spin-echo diffusion-weighted imaging with T2-weighted images and fusion images.PLoS One. 2021; 16e0249433
- The colorectal adenoma-carcinoma sequence.Br J Surg. 2002; 89: 845-860
- EUS and magnetic resonance imaging in the staging of rectal cancer: a prospective and comparative study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 74: 347-354
- MRI cT1-2 rectal cancer staging accuracy: a population-based study.Br J Surg. 2020; 107: 1372-1382
- Prediction of KRAS mutation in rectal cancer using MRI.Anticancer Res. 2016; 36: 4799-4804
- Lymph node positivity in T1/T2 rectal cancer: a word of caution in an era of increased incidence and changing biology for rectal cancer.J Gastrointest Surg. 2020; 25: 1029-1035
- Population-based analyses of lymph node metastases in colorectal cancer.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 4: 1522-1527
- Lymph node metastasis in T1 adenocarcinoma of the colon and rectum.J Gastrointest Surg. 2004; 8: 1032-1039
- The Paris endoscopic classification of superficial neoplastic lesions: esophagus, stomach, and colon: November 30 to December 1, 2002.Gastrointest Endosc. 2003; 58 (S3-43)
- Morphological classifications of gastrointestinal lesions.Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2017; 31: 359-367
- The MRI assessment of SPECC (significant polyps and early colorectal cancer) lesions.Colorectal Dis. 2019; 21: 19-22
- The results of local excision with or without postoperative adjuvant chemoradiotherapy for early rectal cancer among patients choosing to avoid radical surgery.Colorectal Dis. 2017; 19: 139-147
- Multimodal endoscopic assessment guides treatment decisions for rectal early neoplastic tumors.Dis Colon Rectum. 2020; 63: 326-335
- Robotic transanal minimally invasive surgery for the excision of rectal neoplasia: clinical experience with 58 consecutive patients.Dis Colon Rectum. 2019; 62: 279-285