- •Pyometra most commonly occurs in postmenopausal women as a result of cervical stenosis.
- •Patients with pyometra should be investigated for cervical or lower uterine segment malignancy.
- •If pyometra is left untreated, uterine perforation may occur.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Canine pyometra: what is new?.Reprod Domest Anim. 2017; 52: 288-292https://doi.org/10.1111/rda.12843
- Pyomyoma associated with polymicrobial bacteremia and fatal septic shock: case report and review of the literature.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 1990; 45: 563-569https://doi.org/10.1097/00006254-199009000-00001
- Postnatal pyomyoma: a diagnostic dilemma.BMJ Case Rep. 2013; 2013 ([bcr2013201137])https://doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2013-201137
- Spontaneous rupture of pyometra in a nonpregnant young woman.Case Rep Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 2017: 4572379https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/4572379
- Spontaneous perforation of pyometra.Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 2006: 26786https://doi.org/10.1155/IDOG/2006/26786
- Uterine perforation during brachytherapy for cervical cancer: complications, outcomes, and best practices for forward treatment planning and management.Brachytherapy. 2021; 20: 557-564https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2021.02.001
- Radiographic appearance of pyometra on computer tomography mimicking pelvic abscess.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2006; 85: 1144-1145https://doi.org/10.1080/00016340600608972
- Pelvic inflammatory disease; multimodality imaging approach with clinical-pathologic correlation.Radiographics. 2016; 36: 1579-1596https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.2016150202
- Visits to emergency departments for gynecologic disorders in the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 91: 1007-1012https://doi.org/10.1016/s0029-7844(98)00110-0
- Spectrum of CT findings in acute pyogenic pelvic inflammatory disease.Radiographics. 2002; 22: 1327-1334https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.226025062
- Pyomyoma after uterine artery embolization: a case report.Case Rep Womens Health. 2020; 3e00186https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crwh.2020.e00186