- •Screening mammography diagnoses cancers when they are smaller and less aggressive.
- •Waiting for breast cancer to become symptomatic leads to more extensive treatment.
- •Relying on breast cancer symptoms for diagnosis could lead to increased deaths.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Breast cancer screening, incidence, and mortality across US counties.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175 (Sep): 1483-1489
- Impact of screening mammography on treatment in women diagnosed with breast cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2018; 25: 2979-2986
- Continued observation of the natural history of low-grade ductal carcinoma in situ reaffirms proclivity for local recurrence even after more than 30 years of follow-up.Mod Pathol. 2015; 28 (May): 662-669
- Modeling the natural history of ductal carcinoma in situ based on population data.Breast Cancer Res. May 27, 2020; 22: 53
Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program Populations (1969–2018), December 2019 (www.seer.cancer.gov/popdata), National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program.
- More misinformation on breast cancer screening.Gland Surg. 2017; 6: 125-129
- Impact of mammography detection on the course of breast cancer in women aged 40-49 years.Radiology. 2012; 262 (Mar): 797-806
- Quantitative assessment of mammographic breast density: relationship with breast cancer risk.Radiology. 2004; 230 (Jan): 29-41
- Digital breast tomosynthesis for breast cancer screening and diagnosis in women with dense breasts - a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC Cancer. Apr 3, 2018; 18: 380
- Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing in breast cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists Clinical Practice Guideline Focused Update.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36 (Jul 10): 2105-2122
- American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists guideline recommendations for immunohistochemical testing of estrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer (unabridged version).Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2010; 134 (Jul): e48-e72
- Breast.in: AJCC cancer staging manual. 8th ed. Springer, New York, NY2017: 589
- Ki-67 is a prognostic parameter in breast cancer patients: results of a large population-based cohort of a cancer registry.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013; 139 (Jun): 539-552
- Practice bulletin number 179: breast cancer risk assessment and screening in average-risk women.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130 (Jul): e1-e16
- The distinctive nature of HER2-positive breast cancers.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353 (Oct 20): 1652-1654
- Treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer: current status and future perspectives.Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2011; 9 (Nov 29): 16-32
- Recent improvement in the long-term survival of breast cancer patients by age and stage in Japan.J Epidemiol. 2018; 28: 420-427
- Change in survival in metastatic breast cancer with treatment advances: meta-analysis and systematic review.JNCI Cancer Spectr. 2018 Oct; 2pky062
- Influence of tumor stage at breast cancer detection on survival in modern times: population based study in 173797 patients.BMJ. 2015; 351h4901
- Breast cancer prognosis and occult lymph node metastases, isolated tumor cells, and micrometastases.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2010; 102 (Mar 17): 410-425
- Evaluation of the prognostic stage in the 8th edition of the American Joint Committee on Cancer in locally advanced breast cancer: an analysis based on SEER 18 database.Breast. 2018; 37 (Feb): 56-63
- Prognostic value of different cut-off levels of Ki-67 in breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of 64,196 patients.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2015; 153 (Oct): 477-491
- Ki67 targeted strategies for cancer therapy.Clin Transl Oncol. 2018; 20 (May): 570-575
- Use of conjoint analysis to assess breast cancer patient preferences for chemotherapy side effects.Oncologist. 2014; 19 (Feb): 127-134
- Quality of life and symptom burden in patients with breast cancer treated with mastectomy and lumpectomy.Support Care Cancer. 2016; 24 (May): 2191-2199
- The benefits and harms of breast cancer screening: an independent review.Lancet. 2012; 380 (Nov 17): 1778-1786
- An overview of mammographic density and its association with breast cancer.Breast Cancer. 2018; 25: 259-267