- •LR Treatment Response Algorithm demonstrated high specificity and moderate-low sensitivity for detection of viable HCC after TACE.
- •There was no significant difference in sensitivity and specificity between mRECIST and LI-RADS for detection of viable HCC.
- •Inter-reader agreement for LI-RADS Treatment Response Algorithm was moderate.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Therapies for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma awaiting liver transplantation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Hepatology (Baltimore, Md). 2018; 67: 381-400https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.29485
- A follow-up analysis of the pattern and predictors of dropout from the waiting list for liver transplantation in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: implications for the current organ allocation policy.Liver Transpl. 2003; 9: 684-692https://doi.org/10.1053/jlts.2003.50147
- Role of locoregional therapies in patients with hepatocellular cancer awaiting liver transplantation.Am J Gastroenterol. 2020; https://doi.org/10.14309/ajg.0000000000000999
- Bridging locoregional therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma prior to liver transplantation.Ann Surg Oncol. 2008; 15: 3169-3177https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-008-0071-3
- Management of hepatocellular carcinoma: an update.Hepatology (Baltimore, Md). 2011; 53: 1020-1022https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.24199
- Partial hepatectomy vs. transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for resectable multiple hepatocellular carcinoma beyond Milan Criteria: a RCT.J Hepatol. 2014; 61: 82-88https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2014.03.012
- EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines: management of hepatocellular carcinoma.J Hepatol. 2018; 69: 182-236https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2018.03.019
- Impact of multiple transarterial chemoembolization treatments on hepatocellular carcinoma for patients awaiting liver transplantation.Liver Transpl. 2015; 21: 248-257https://doi.org/10.1002/lt.24041
- Liver Imaging Reporting and Data System (LI-RADS).(ACR website)https://www.acr.org/Clinical-Resources/Reporting-and-Data-Systems/LI-RADSDate: 2017Date accessed: April 3, 2020
- Radiologic criteria of response to systemic treatments for hepatocellular carcinoma.Hepat Oncol. 2017; 4: 129-137https://doi.org/10.2217/hep-2017-0018
- Clinical management of hepatocellular carcinoma. Conclusions of the Barcelona-2000 EASL conference. European Association for the Study of the Liver.J Hepatol. 2001; 35: 421-430
- LI-RADS treatment response algorithm: performance and diagnostic accuracy.Radiology. 2019; 292: 226-234https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2019182135
- The LI-RADS version 2018 MRI treatment response algorithm: evaluation of ablated hepatocellular carcinoma.Radiology. 2020; 294: 320-326https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2019191581
- Validation of the liver imaging reporting and data system treatment response criteria after thermal ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma.Liver Transpl. 2020; 26: 203-214https://doi.org/10.1002/lt.25673
- Correlation of tumor response on CT with pathologically proven necrosis in hepatocellular carcinoma treated by conventional transcatheter arterial chemoembolization: threshold value of intratumoral Lipiodol accumulation predicting tumor necrosis.Abdom Radiol (New York). 2020; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00261-020-02845-4
- LI-RADS treatment response categorization on gadoxetic acid-enhanced MRI: diagnostic performance compared to mRECIST and added value of ancillary features.Eur Radiol. 2020; 30: 2861-2870https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-019-06623-9
- Evaluation of treatment response in hepatocellular carcinoma in the explanted liver with Liver Imaging Reporting and Data System version 2017.Eur Radiol. 2020; 30: 261-271https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-019-06376-5
- LI-RADS version 2018 treatment response algorithm: the evidence is accumulating.Radiology. 2020; 294: 327-328https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2020192484
☆Grant support: None.