- •Circumferential intracranial arterial wall enhancement doesn't always mean vasculitis.
- •Posterior circulation arterial wall enhancement may be largely due to vasa vasora.
- •Anterior circulation arterial wall enhancement may herald early atherosclerosis.
Materials & methods
Results and conclusion
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intracranial vessel wall MRI: principles and expert consensus recommendations of the American Society of Neuroradiology.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2017; 38 (Feb): 218-229
- Intracranial vessel wall MRI: a review of current indications and future applications.Neurovasc Imaging. 2016; 2
- Intracranial vasa vasorum: insights and implications for imaging.Radiology. 2013; 267 (Jun): 667-679
- Circumferential wall enhancement on magnetic resonance imaging is useful to identify rupture site in patients with multiple cerebral aneurysms.Neurosurgery. 2018; 82 (May 1): 638-644
- Clinical significance of circumferential aneurysmal wall enhancement in symptomatic patients with unruptured intracranial aneurysms: a high-resolution MRI study.Clin Neuroradiol. 2018; 28 (Dec): 509-514
- Vessel wall MRI for targeting biopsies of intracranial vasculitis.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2018; 39 (Nov): 2034-2036
- The use and pitfalls of intracranial vessel wall imaging: how we do it.Radiology. 2018; 286 (Jan): 12-28
- Intracranial vessel wall MRI in clinical practice: technical considerations, current and emerging applications, and clinical pearls and pitfalls.Neurographics. 2018; 8: 97-118
- Atherosclerotic intracranial arterial stenosis: risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment.Lancet Neurol. 2013; 12 (Nov): 1106-1114
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage: what happens to the cerebral arteries?.Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 1998; 25 (Nov): 867-876
- Intracranial vessels lack vasa vasorum.J Neurosurg. 1984; 61 (Jul): 44-48
- Immunohistochemical detection of intracranial vasa vasorum: a human autopsy study.Neurosurgery. 1996; 38 (Apr): 789-793
- Do human intracranial arteries lack vasa vasorum? A comparative immunohistochemical study of intracranial and systemic arteries.Acta Neuropathol (Berl). 1998; 96 (Jul): 22-28
- Correlation of adventitial vasa vasorum with intracranial atherosclerosis: a postmortem study.J Stroke. 2018; 20 (Sep): 342-349
- Intracranial cerebrovascular vasa vasorum associated with atherosclerosis and large thick-walled aneurysms.Surg Neurol. 1991; 36 (Nov): 365-369
- Vasa vasorum of the intracranial arteries.Acta Neurochir. 1998; 140: 411-416
- Vasa vasorum in normal and diseased arteries.Circulation. 2014; 129 (Jun 17): 2557-2566
- The vasa vasorum in atherosclerosis: the vessel within the vascular wall.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65 (Jun 16): 2478-2480
- The influence of the blunting of the apex on the flow in a vertebro-basilar junction model.J Biomech Eng. 1997; 119 (May): 195-205
- Localizing role of hemodynamics in atherosclerosis in several human vertebrobasilar junction geometries.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1998; 18 (May): 708-716
- Intracranial artery calcification and its clinical significance.J Clin Neurol. 2016; 12: 253-261