- •The occurrence of knee bone marrow edema-like signal in amateur marathon runners is more common.
- •After the half marathon, grades of knee bone marrow edema-like signal showed no significant difference in marathon runners.
- •The lesions showed aggravation or improvement in a certain extent after the half marathon.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Bone marrow edema-like signal in the athlete[J].Eur J Radiol. 2008; 67: 49-53
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the asymptomatic shoulder of overhead athletes: a 5-year follow-up study.Am J Sports Med. 2003; 31: 724-727
- Prevalence of pathologic findings in asymptomatic knees of marathon runners before and after a competition in comparison with physically active subjects-a 3.0 T magnetic resonance imaging study.Skelet Radiol. 2008; 37: 627-638
- Bone marrow Oedema in the knees of asymptomatic high-level athletes: prevalence and associated factors.Indian J Orthop. 2020; 54: 324-331
- Bone marrow edema lesions in the professional runner.Am J Sports Med. 2014; 42: 1242-1246
- MRI features of and factors related to ankle injuries in asymptomatic amateur marathon runners.Skelet Radiol. 2020; 50: 87-95
- Whole-organ magnetic resonance imaging score (WORMS) of the knee in osteoarthritis.Osteoarthr Cartil. 2004; 12: 177-190
- Incidence of chronic knee lesions in long-distance runners based on training level: findings at MRI.Eur J Radiol. 2006; 58: 286-293
- Stress fractures: concepts and therapeutics.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017; 102: 525-534
- Bone marrow edema in sports: general concepts.Eur J Radiol. 2007; 62: 6-15
- Does altered biomechanics cause marrow edema?.Radiology. 1996; 198: 851-853
- Can marathon running improve knee damage of middle-aged adults? A prospective cohort study.BMJ Open Sport Exerc Med. 2019; 5e000586https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjsem-2019-000586
- Is the immediate effect of marathon running on novice runners’ knee joints sustained within 6 months after the run? A follow-up 3.0 T MRI study.Skelet Radiol. 2020; 49: 1221-1229
- Anterior cruciate ligament OsteoArthritis score (ACLOAS): longitudinal MRI-based whole joint assessment of anterior cruciate ligament injury.Osteoarthr Cartil. 2014; 22: 668-682
- Traumatic bone bruising–a review article.Eur J Radiol. 2008; 67: 54-61
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee: clinical significance of common findings.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2010; 39: 152-159
- MR imaging of the hip and knee before and after marathon running.Am J Sports Med. 2004; 32: 55-59
- The effects of knee contact angle on impact forces and accelerations.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004; 36: 832-837