- •Adenomyoepithelioma (AME) of the breast is a rare tumor in which malignant transformation can occur.
- •Diagnosis of AMEs on imaging is challenging due to variable presentations, necessitating biopsy or excision for diagnosis..
- •Wide surgical excision is recommended for definitive diagnosis and treatment of AMEs.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Benign myoepithelioma of the breast: origin and development.Pathol Int. 2009; 59: 422-426
- Myoepithelial and epithelial-myoepithelial, mesenchymal and fibroepithelial breast lesions: updates from the WHO Classification of Tumours of the Breast 2012.J Clin Pathol. 2013; 66: 465-470
- Breast adenomyoepithelioma and adenomyoepithelioma with carcinoma (malignant adenomyoepithelioma) with associated breast malignancies: a case series emphasizing histologic, radiologic, and clinical correlation.Breast. 2016; 29: 132-139
- Adenomyoepithelioma of the breast: a brief diagnostic review.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013; 137: 725-729
- Benign adenomyoepitelioma of the breast: presentation of two rare cases and review of literature.Int J Surg Case Rep. 2020; 67: 1-4
- Adenomyoepithelioma with carcinoma of the breast: a report of two cases and a review of the literature.Pathol Res Pract. 2016; 212: 130-134
- Clinical presentation, national practice patterns, and outcomes of breast adenomyoepithelioma.Breast J. 2020; 26: 653-660
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes of benign, atypical, and malignant breast adenomyoepithelioma: a single institution's experience.Am J Surg. 2020; 219: 651-654
- The mammography and MRI manifestations of adenomyoepithelioma of the breast.Clin Radiol. 2016; 71: 235-243
- Adenomyoepithelial tumors of the breast: imaging findings with histopathologic correlation.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011; 197: W184-W190
- Imaging features of benign adenomyoepithelioma of the breast.J Clin Ultrasound. 2013; 41: 218-223
- Epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma of the breast: a rare type of malignant adenomyoepithelioma.Breast J. 2019; 25: 1273-1275
- Adenomyoepithelioma of the breast.Breast J. 2017; 23: 755-756
- Malignant adenomyoepithelioma of the breast: a case report.Int J Surg Case Rep. 2020; 72: 56-58
- Adenomyoepithelioma of the breast: spectrum of disease with associated imaging and pathology.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2003; 180: 799-803
- Malignant adenomyoepithelioma of the breast: a rare case report.Int J Surg Case Rep. 2019; 59: 111-114
- Rare breast lesions: correlation of imaging and histologic features with WHO classification.Radiographics. 2008; 28: 1399-1414
- Lessons from managing the breast malignant adenomyoepithelioma and the discussion on treatment strategy.World J Oncol. 2017; 8: 126-131
- Malignant adenomyoepithelioma with multifocal adenosquamous carcinoma of the breast: a case report.Breast J. 2019; 25: 731-732
- Malignant adenomyoepithelioma of the breast.Surg Case Rep. 2020; 6: 118
- A case of adenomyoepithelioma with myoepithelial carcinoma of the breast.Clin Case Rep. 2019; 7: 930-934