- •In total, the CT combined with ultrasound showed higher sensitivity and accuracy than US alone.
- •For the subgroup of solitary or multiple microcarcinomas, the performance efficiency of CT had no obvious advantage than US.
- •In the subgroup of solitary non-microcarcinomas, the performance efficiency of CT/US was significantly higher than US alone.
- •For the subgroup of multiple non-microcarcinomas, CT, US and US/CT had high diagnostic efficacy.
Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Gu X, Zheng R, Xia C, Zeng H, Zhang S, Zou X, et al. Interactions between life expectancy and the incidence and mortality rates of cancer in China: a population-based cluster analysis. Cancer Commun (Lond) 2018;38(1):44.
Lim H, Devesa SS, Sosa JA, Check D, Kitahara CM. Trends in thyroid cancer incidence and mortality in the United States, 1974–2013. JAMA 2017;317(13):1338–48.
- Thyroid cancer: 20-year comparative mortality and survival analysis of six thyroid cancer histologic subtypes by age, sex, race, stage, cohort entry time-period and disease duration (SEER*Stat 8.3.2) a systematic review of 145,457 cases for diagnosis years 1993–2013.J Insur Med. 2018; 47: 143-158
- Preoperative diagnosis of cervical metastatic lymph nodes in papillary thyroid carcinoma: comparison of ultrasound, computed tomography, and combined ultrasound with computed tomography.Thyroid. 2008; 18: 411-418
- Risk factor analysis for central nodal metastasis in papillary thyroid carcinoma.Oncol Lett. 2015; 9: 103-107
- Survival in differentiated thyroid cancer: comparing the AJCC cancer staging seventh and eighth editions.Thyroid. 2018; 28: 1301-1310
- Practical initial risk stratification based on lymph node metastases in pediatric and adolescent differentiated thyroid cancer.Thyroid. 2018; 28: 193-200
- Value of CT added to ultrasonography for the diagnosis of lymph node metastasis in patients with thyroid cancer.Head Neck. 2018; 40: 2137-2148
- Subclinical lymph node metastasis in papillary thyroid microcarcinoma: a study of 551 resections.Surgery. 2010; 148: 526-531
- Central lymph node metastases in unilateral papillary thyroid microcarcinoma.Br J Surg. 2009; 96: 253-257
- Performance of CT in the preoperative diagnosis of cervical lymph node metastasis in patients with papillary thyroid cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2017; 38: 154-161
- American Thyroid Association statement on preoperative imaging for thyroid cancer surgery.Thyroid. 2015; 25: 3-14
- Outcomes of thyroidectomy from a large California state database.Am J Surg. 2015; 210 ([discussion 6-7]): 1170-1176
- Randomized clinical trial of ultrasonic scissors versus conventional haemostasis to compare complications and economics after total thyroidectomy (FOThyr).BJS Open. 2017; 1: 2-10
Mirallie E, Caillard C, Pattou F, Brunaud L, Hamy A, Dahan M, et al. Does intraoperative neuromonitoring of recurrent nerves have an impact on the postoperative palsy rate? Results of a prospective multicenter study. Surgery 2018;163(1):124–9.
Pacini F, Schlumberger M, Dralle H, Ilisea R, Smith Y, Viersinga V. [European consensus on the management of patients with differentiated carcinoma of the thyroid from follicular epithelium]. Vestn Khir Im I I Grek 2008;167(1):52–6.
Li XY, Zhang B, Lin YS. [The interpretation of 2015 American Thyroid Association management guidelines for adult patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 2017;52(4):309–15.
- American Thyroid Association design and feasibility of a prospective randomized controlled trial of prophylactic central lymph node dissection for papillary thyroid carcinoma.Thyroid. 2012; 22: 237-244
- 2015 American Thyroid Association management guidelines for adult patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer: the American Thyroid Association guidelines task force on thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer.Thyroid. 2016; 26: 1-133
- The revised 2016 Korean Thyroid Association guidelines for thyroid nodules and cancers: differences from the 2015 American Thyroid Association guidelines.Endocrinol Metab (Seoul). 2016; 31: 373-378
- Contrast-enhanced computed tomography image assessment of cervical lymph node metastasis in patients with oral cancer by using a deep learning system of artificial intelligence.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2019; 127: 458-463
Wang XQ, Wei X, Xu Y, Wang HL, Xin XJ, Zhang S. [Analysis of the relationship between ultrasonographic features and cervical lymph node skip metastasis of papillary thyroid micro-carcinoma]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 2019;41(5):373–7.
Kim HJ, Choi IH, Jin SY, Park HK, Byun DW, Suh K, et al. Efficacy of shear-wave elastography for detecting postoperative cervical lymph node metastasis in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Int J Endocrinol 2018;2018:9382649.
- Improved diagnostic accuracy using arterial phase CT for lateral cervical lymph node metastasis from papillary thyroid cancer.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2017; 38: 782-788
- Preliminary study on the diagnostic value of single-source dual-energy CT in diagnosing cervical lymph node metastasis of thyroid carcinoma.J Thorac Dis. 2017; 9: 4758-4766
- Papillary thyroid cancer: dual-energy spectral CT quantitative parameters for preoperative diagnosis of metastasis to the cervical lymph nodes.Radiology. 2015; 275: 167-176
Su GY, Xu XQ, Zhou Y, Zhang H, Si Y, Shen MP, et al. Texture analysis of dual-phase contrast-enhanced CT in the diagnosis of cervical lymph node metastasis in patients with papillary thyroid cancer. Acta Radiol 2020:284185120946711.