- •This is survey-based study assessing both patient-physician preference for the reporting of radiologic results.
- •The results include the added dimension of highlighting the biopsychosocial aspect of undergoing imaging studies.
- •The outcomes bolster the importance of incorporating patients’ needs in the medical decision-making process.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Patient-centered outcomes in imaging: quantifying value.J Am Coll Radiol. 2012; 9: 725-728
- The use of patient-centered outcome measures in radiology.a systematic review Acad Radiol. 2006; 13: 1394-1404
- Patient-centered outcomes related to imaging testing in US primary care.J Am Coll Radiol. 2019; 16: 156-163
- Automatic release of radiologic reports via an online patient portal.J Am Coll Radiol. 2017; 14: 1219-1221
- Access to radiologic reports via an online radiology portal: experiences of referring physicians and patients.J Am Coll Radiol. 2015; 12: 582-586
- Online portals: gateway to patient-centered radiology.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 209: 987-999
- How radiologists can benefit from direct communication with patients.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2020; 49: 224-226
- Direct communication between radiologists and patients following imaging examinations. Should radiologists rethink their patient care?.Eur Radiol. 2019; 29: 224-231
- Physician-patient communication in diagnostic examinations: what is the role of the radiologist?.Radiol Bras. 2018; 51: 109-111
- Web-based results distribution: new channels of communication from radiologists to patients.J Am Coll Radiol. 2005; 2: 168-173
- Making time for patients: positive impact of direct patient reporting.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2018; 210: W12-W17
- Preferences of referring physicians regarding the role of radiologists as direct communicators of test results.Diagn Interv Radiol. 2017; 23: 81-85
- Patients prefer results from the ordering provider and access to their radiology reports.J Am Coll Radiol. 2015; 12 (Jun): 556-562
- Radiologists’ role in the communication of imaging examination results to patients: perceptions and preferences of patients.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 203: 1034-1039
- Disclosure of imaging findings to patients directly by radiologists: survey of patients’ preferences.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1995; 165: 467-469
- Direct disclosure by radiologists of imaging findings to patients: a survey of radiologists and medical staff members.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1996; 167: 1091-1093
- How should radiologists reply when patients ask about their diagnoses? A survey of radiologists and clinicians’ preferences.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1993; 161 (Aug): 433-436
- A secondary analysis to identify patient-centered outcomes in the ACR’s appropriateness criteria.J Am Coll Radiol. 2019; 16: 1645-1655
- Waiting for radiology test results: patient expectations and emotional disutility.J Am Coll Radiol. 2018; 15: 374-281
- Distress in the radiology waiting room.Radiology. 2011; 260: 166-173
- Am Med Assoc.J Ethics. 2016; 18: 49-55
- Patient- and family-centered care: a primer.J Am Coll Radiol. 2016; 13: 1544-1549
- Expanding patient involvement in care.Effects on patient outcomes Ann Intern Med. 1985; 102: 520-528
- What role do patients wish to play in treatment decision making?.Arch Intern Med. 1996; 156: 1414-1420
- The contingency of patient preferences for involvement in health decision making.Health Care Manage Rev. 2007; 32: 32-36
- Using self-determination theory to promote physical activity and weight control: a randomized controlled trial in women.J Behav Med. 2010; 33: 110-122
- Association of patient autonomy with increased transplantation and survival among new dialysis patients in the United States.Am J Kidney Dis. 2005; 45: 730-742
- The invisible radiologist.Radiology. 2011; 258: 18-22
- ACR white paper: the value added that radiologists provide to the health care enterprise.J Am Coll Radiol. 2008; 5: 1041-1053
- ACR white paper on teleradiology practice: a report from the task force on teleradiology practice.J Am Coll Radiol. 2013; 10: 575-585