- •Concerns on gadolinium brain deposition/retention prompted dose reduction research.
- •Preoperative breast MRI must allow for accurate tumor sizing.
- •No study evaluated MRI tumor sizing accuracy at 1.5-T with a reduced gadobutrol dose.
- •1.5-T breast MRI with a 0.08 mmol/kg gadobutrol dose maintains high sizing accuracy.
- •Tumor sizing with 0.08 mmol/kg gadobutrol retains acceptable interreader agreement.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Breast MRI: state of the art.Radiology. 2019; 292: 520-536https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2019182947
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the breast: recommendations from the EUSOMA working group.Eur J Cancer. 2010; 46: 1296-1316https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2010.02.015
- Gadolinium retention and breast MRI screening: more harm than good?.Am J Roentgenol. 2020; 214: 324-327https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.19.21988
- Contrast media in breast imaging.Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2012; 20: 777-789https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mric.2012.07.004
- Breast MRI using a high-relaxivity contrast agent: an overview.Am J Roentgenol. 2011; 196: 942-955https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.10.4974
- Pathophysiologic basis of contrast enhancement in breast tumors.J Magn Reson Imaging. 1999; 10: 260-266https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1522-2586(199909)10:3<260::AID-JMRI6>3.0.CO;2-7
- Angiogenesis in cancer and other diseases.Nature. 2000; 407: 249-257https://doi.org/10.1038/35025220
- High signal intensity in dentate nucleus on unenhanced T1-weighted MR images: association with linear versus macrocyclic gadolinium chelate administration.Radiology. 2015; 275: 803-809https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.14140364
- Gadolinium deposition in the brain: current updates.Korean J Radiol. 2019; 20: 134https://doi.org/10.3348/kjr.2018.0356
- PRAC confirms restrictions on the use of linear gadolinium agents.http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Referrals_document/gadolinium_contrast_agents_31/Recommendation_provided_by_Pharmacovigilance_Risk_Assessment_Committee/WC500230928.pdfDate: 2017Date accessed: February 8, 2020
- FDA drug safety communication: FDA warns that gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs) are retained in the body; requires new class warnings.https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-drug-safety-communication-fda-warns-gadolinium-based-contrast-agents-gbcas-are-retained-bodyDate: 2018Date accessed: February 8, 2020
- Gadobutrol: a review in contrast-enhanced MRI and MRA.Clin Drug Investig. 2018; 38: 773-784https://doi.org/10.1007/s40261-018-0674-9
- Abstract 3725: contrast enhanced MRI with a reduced dose of gadolinium for measurement of blood to brain influx rate in cerebrovascular diseases.Stroke. 2012; 43A3725https://doi.org/10.1161/str.43.suppl_1.A3725
- Low-dose 3D time-resolved magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) of the supraaortic arteries: correlation with high spatial resolution 3D contrast-enhanced MRA.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2011; 33: 71-76https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.22396
- High-throughput gadobutrol-enhanced CMR: a time and dose optimization study.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2017; 19: 83https://doi.org/10.1186/s12968-017-0400-4
- Breast lesion detection and characterization with contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging: prospective randomized intraindividual comparison of gadoterate meglumine (0.15 mmol/kg) and gadobenate dimeglumine (0.075 mmol/kg) at 3T.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2019; 49: 1157-1165https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.26335
- Preliminary study: breast cancers can be well seen on 3T breast MRI with a half-dose of gadobutrol.Clin Imaging. 2019; 58: 84-89https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2019.06.014
- Straightforward statistics for the behavioral sciences.Brooks/Cole, Pacific Grove1996
- Breast cancer tumor size: correlation between magnetic resonance imaging and pathology measurements.Am J Surg. 2008; 196: 844-850https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2008.07.028
- Agreement between MRI and pathologic analyses for determination of tumor size and correlation with immunohistochemical factors of invasive breast carcinoma.Acta Radiol. 2018; 59: 50-57https://doi.org/10.1177/0284185117705010
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 1: 307-310
- Breast cancer size estimation with MRI in BRCA mutation carriers and other high risk patients.Eur J Radiol. 2013; 82: 1416-1422https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2013.03.003
- Assessing sizes of breast cancers that show non-mass enhancement on MRI based on inter-observer variability and comparison with pathology size.Acta Radiol. 2019; 60: 1102-1109https://doi.org/10.1177/0284185118817920
- Which factors influence MRI-pathology concordance of tumour size measurements in breast cancer?.Eur Radiol. 2016; 26: 1457-1465https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-015-3935-5
- Preoperative measurement of breast cancer overestimates tumor size compared to pathological measurement.PLoS One. 2014; 9e86676https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0086676
- Is there concordance of invasive breast cancer pathologic tumor size with magnetic resonance imaging?.Am J Surg. 2009; 198: 500-504https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2009.07.012
- Early breast cancer: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up†.Ann Oncol. 2019; 30: 1194-1220https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdz173
- T1 relaxivities of gadolinium-based magnetic resonance contrast agents in human whole blood at 1.5, 3, and 7 T.Invest Radiol. 2015; 50: 330-338https://doi.org/10.1097/RLI.0000000000000132