- •One-half of our patients on mTOR inhibitors developed pneumonitis (52%).
- •Of those with pneumonitis, two-thirds had a waxing and waning pattern.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- mTOR inhibitors in advanced renal cell carcinoma.Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2011; 25: 835-852
- Evolving significance and future relevance of anti-angiogenic activity of mTOR inhibitors in cancer therapy.Cancers. 2017; 9
- mTOR inhibitors in cancer therapy.F1000Research. 2016; 5
- mTOR signaling pathway and mTOR inhibitors in cancer therapy.Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2012; 26 ([vii]): 483-505
- Noninfectious pneumonitis with the use of mTOR inhibitors in breast cancer.Cancer Treat Rev. 2014; 40: 320-326
- Characterisation of the lung toxicity of the cell cycle inhibitor temsirolimus.European Journal of Cancer (Oxford, England: 1990). 2006; 42: 1875-1880
- Characterization of pneumonitis in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer treated with everolimus (RAD001).J Thorac Oncol. 2009; 4: 1357-1363
- Noninfectious pneumonitis after everolimus therapy for advanced renal cell carcinoma.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010; 182: 396-403
- Drug-related pneumonitis in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma treated with temsirolimus.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 1750-1756
- Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitor-associated non-infectious pneumonitis in patients with renal cell cancer: predictors, management, and outcomes.BJU Int. 2014; 113: 376-382
- Differences in adverse event profiles between everolimus and temsirolimus and the risk factors for non-infectious pneumonitis in advanced renal cell carcinoma.Int J Clin Oncol. 2015; 20: 790-795
- mTOR inhibitor-induced interstitial lung disease in cancer patients: comprehensive review and a practical management algorithm.Int J Cancer. 2016; 138: 2312-2321
- Life-threatening everolimus-associated pneumonitis: a case report and a review of the literature.Transplant Proc. 2018; 50: 933-938
- Emerging perspectives on mTOR inhibitor-associated pneumonitis in breast cancer.Oncologist. 2018; 23: 660-669
- Everolimus in postmenopausal hormone-receptor-positive advanced breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 520-529
- Drug-related pneumonitis during mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor therapy in patients with neuroendocrine tumors: a radiographic pattern-based approach.Eur J Cancer. 2016; 53: 163-170