- •Imaging, in particular CT, plays a key role in identification of gastric emergencies.
- •Gastric distension with water or positive oral contrast is invaluable in identification of gastric pathology.
- •Fluoroscopy guided contrast radiography is useful in evaluation of post-operative stomach.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- CT of gastric emergencies.Radiographics. 2015; 35: 1909-1921
- Dedicated multidetector CT of the stomach: spectrum of diseases.Radiographics. 2003; 23: 625-644
- Current role of CT in imaging of the stomach.Radiographics. 2003; 23: 75-87
- Infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis.Radiology. 2003; 227: 319-331
- Caterpillar sign in an infant with hypertrophic pyloric stenosis.J Pediatr. 2019; 208: 292
- Sonographic diagnosis of hypertrophic pyloric stenosis.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1988; 150: 1367-1370
- Adult idiopathic hypertrophic pyloric stenosis - a common presentation with an uncommon diagnosis.J Community Hosp Intern Med Perspect. 2018; 8: 64-67
- Peptic ulcer disease.Am Fam Physician. 2007; 76: 1005-1012
- Management of a postbulbar duodenal ulcer and stricture causing gastric outlet obstruction: a case report.Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2018; 29: 10-13
- Malignancy is the most common cause of gastric outlet obstruction in the era of H2 blockers.Am J Gastroenterol. 1995; 90: 1769-1770
- Gastric outlet obstruction now predicts malignancy.Br J Surg. 1990; 77: 1023-1024
- Emphysematous infections of the abdomen and pelvis: a pictorial review.Radiographics. 2002; 22: 543-561
- Multimodality imaging of adult gastric emergencies: a pictorial review.Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2017; 27: 13-22
- Treatment of malignant gastric outlet obstruction with endoscopically placed self-expandable metal stents.World J Gastroenterol. 2009; 15: 4365-4371
- Volvulus of the gastrointestinal tract: appearances at multimodality imaging.Radiographics. 2009; 29: 1281-1293
- Blunt gastric injury. A multicentre experience.Injury. 2001; 32: 761-764
- Melaena as the presenting symptom of gastric mucosal injury due to blunt abdominal trauma.Emerg Med J. 2006; 23: e34
- Gastric blunt traumatic injuries: a computed tomography grading classification.World J Radiol. 2017; 9: 85-90
- Coumarin-induced intramural hematoma of the duodenum: case report and review of the literature.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2011; 46: 376-379
- Multidetector CT of blunt abdominal trauma.Radiology. 2012; 265: 678-693
- Bouveret syndrome.Radiographics. 2004; 24: 1171-1175
- Gastro-aortic fistula: an uncommon complication of Nissen fundoplication.Am Surg. 1997; 63: 455-458
- Gastropleural fistula with aortic intramural involvement.J Clin Imaging Sci. 2017; 7: 7
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding: what radiologists need to know.Radiographics. 2012; 32: 1161-1178
- Imaging findings of successful and failed fundoplication.Radiographics. 2014; 34: 1873-1884
- Imaging of thoracic hernias: types and complications.Insights Imaging. 2018; 9: 989-1005
- A guide to the management of common gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy tube problems.Paediatr Child Health. 2011; 16: 281-287
- Functional imaging of evaluation of diabetic gastroparesis.Curr Diabetes Rev. 2018; 14: 222-226
- Real time high resolution magnetic resonance imaging for the assessment of gastric motility disorders.Gut. 2004; 53: 1256-1261
- Gastroparesis: current diagnostic challenges and management considerations.World J Gastroenterol. 2009; 15: 25-37
- Consensus recommendations for gastric emptying scintigraphy: a joint report of the American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society and the Society of Nuclear Medicine.J Nucl Med Technol. 2008; 36: 44-54
- Gastric blunt traumatic injuries: a computed tomography grading classification.World J Radiol. 2017; 2: 85-90