- •This meta-analysis indicated that magnetic resonance hysterosalpingography (MR-HSG) had high sensitivity and specificity relative to the imaging standard X-HSG for fallopian tubal occlusion in the context of female infertility.
- •Both the viscosity of contrast agent and the test order affected the accuracy of MR-HSG for evaluating tubal occlusion.
- •Blind method application, thickness, magnetic intensity and interval between X-HSG and MR-HSG may affect the results of MR-HSG.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Imaging of female infertility.J Radiol. 2008; 89: 172-183
- Fallopian tube disease in the nonpregnant patient.Radiographics. 2011; 31: 527-548
- Tubo-peritoneal factor of infertility: diagnosis and treatment.Clin Ter. 2010; 161: 77-85
- The uterus and fertility.Fertil Steril. 2008; 89: 1-16
- Ageing and infertility: an overview.Gynecol Endocrinol. 2010; 26: 855-860
- Hysterosalpingosonography for diagnosing tubal occlusion in subfertile women: a systematic review with meta-analysis.Hum Reprod. 2014; 29: 953-963
- MR hysterosalpingography in a rabbit model.J Magn Reson Imaging. 1996; 6: 300-304
- MR hysterography performed with saline injection and fluid attenuated inversion recovery sequences: initial experience.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2000; 175: 774-776
- Magnetic resonance hysterosalpingography in the evaluation of tubal patency in infertile women: an observational study.Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 39: 83-88
- Current methods of tubal patency assessment.Fertil Steril. 2011; 95: 2171-2179
- The methodological and reporting quality of systematic reviews from China and the USA are similar.J Clin Epidemiol. 2017; 85: 50-58
- The quality of evidence in Chinese meta-analyses needs to be improved.J Clin Epidemiol. 2016; 74: 73-79
- Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analysis protocols (PRISMA-P) 2015: elaboration and explanation.BMJ. 2015; 350: g7647
- QUADAS-2: a revised tool for the quality assessment of diagnostic accuracy studies.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 155: 529-536
- Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses.BMJ. 2003; 327: 557-560
- Quantifying, displaying and accounting for heterogeneity in the meta-analysis of RCTs using standard and generalised Q statistics.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2011; 11: 41
- The performance of tests of publication bias and other sample size effects in systematic reviews of diagnostic test accuracy was assessed.J Clin Epidemiol. 2005; 58: 882-893
- Three-dimensional dynamic MR hysterosalpingography: a preliminary report.Eur Radiol. 2001; 11: 1439-1444
- Three-dimensional dynamic MR-hysterosalpingography; a new, low invasive, radiation-free and less painful radiological approach to female infertility.Hum Reprod. 2002; 17: 3138-3141
- MR hysterosalpingography with an angiographic time-resolved 3D pulse sequence: assessment of tubal patency.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2008; 191: 1381-1385
- Conventional and magnetic resonance hysterosalpingography in assessing tubal patency-a comparative study.Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2019; 29: 163-167
- Comparison between magnetic resonance hysterosalpingography and conventional hysterosalpingography: direct visualization of the fallopian tubes using a novel MRI contrast agent mixture.Acta Radiol. 2020; 61: 1001-1007
- Role of 3.0 Tesla magnetic resonance hysterosalpingography in the diagnostic work-up of female infertility.Acta Radiol. 2016; 57: 1132-1139
- MR hysterography using axial long TR imaging with three-dimensional projections of the uterus.Comput Med Imaging Graph. 1997; 21: 117-123
- Fallopian tubal patency diagnosed by magnetic resonance hysterosalpingography.J Reprod Med. 2012; 57: 435-440
- Magnetic resonance hysterosalpingography in diagnostic work-up of female infertility - comparison with conventional hysterosalpingography: a randomised study.Eur Radiol. 2019; 29: 501-508
- Feasibility of dynamic MR-hysterosalpingography for the diagnostic work-up of infertile women.Acta Radiol. 2010; 51: 693-701
- Oil-based or water-based contrast for hysterosalpingography in infertile women.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 2043-2052
- 25 years of contrast-enhanced MRI: developments, current challenges and future perspectives.Adv Ther. 2016; 33: 1-28
☆This work was supported by Gansu Province Science Foundation for Youths [18JR3RA039] and Lanzhou Science and Technology Development Guidance Plan Project [2017-ZD-33].