- •Slope kAP, Eff-ZAP, NICVP, ATL/LTL and PFI were independent predictors for KRAS mutation.
- •A DESCT based nomogram was developed to predict individual KRAS mutation probability.
- •The nomogram had excellent performance with an AUC of 0.848 and excellent calibration.
- •DCA showed that our nomogram has outstanding clinical utility.
Abbreviations:AP (arterial phase), ATL (axial tumor length), CRC (colorectal cancer), DP (delayed phase), DESCT (dual-energy spectral CT), Eff-Z (effective atomic number), IC (iodine concentration), KRAS (Kirsten rat sarcoma), LTL (longitudinal tumor length), NIC (normalized iodine concentration), PFI (Pericolorectal fat invasion), VP (venous phase), WC (water concentration)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global cancer statistics 2018: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries.CA Cancer J Clin. 2018; 68: 394-424
- Colorectal cancer: current imaging methods and future perspectives for the diagnosis, staging and therapeutic response evaluation.World J Gastroenterol. 2013; 19: 8502-8514
- Effects of KRAS, BRAF, NRAS, and PIK3CA mutations on the efficacy of cetuximab plus chemotherapy in chemotherapy-refractory metastatic colorectal cancer: a retrospective consortium analysis.Lancet Oncol. 2010; 11: 753-762
- K-ras mutations and benefit from cetuximab in advanced colorectal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1757-1765
- Colon cancer, version 1.2017, NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2017; 15: 370-398
- Specific codon 13 K-ras mutations are predictive of clinical outcome in colorectal cancer patients, whereas codon 12 K-ras mutations are associated with mucinous histotype.Ann Oncol. 2002; 13: 1438-1446
- Clinicopathologic features and prognostic value of KRAS, NRAS, and BRAF mutations and DNA mismatch repair status: a single-center retrospective study of 1834 Chinese patients with stage I–IV colorectal cancer.Int J Cancer. 2019; 145: 1625-1634
- Characterization of genetic intratumor heterogeneity in colorectal cancer and matching patient-derived spheroid cultures.Mol Oncol. 2018; 12: 132-147
- Analysis of circulating DNA and protein biomarkers to predict the clinical activity of regorafenib and assess prognosis in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: a retrospective, exploratory analysis of the CORRECT trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 937-948
- Can CT-based radiomics signature predict KRAS/NRAS/BRAF mutations in colorectal cancer?.Eur Radiol. 2018; 28: 2058-2067
- Prediction of KRAS mutation in rectal cancer using MRI.Anticancer Res. 2016; 36: 4799-4804
- Which should be the routine cross-sectional reconstruction mode in spectral CT imaging: monochromatic or polychromatic?.Br J Radiol. 2012; 85: e887-e890
- Identification of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in pulmonary adenocarcinoma using dual-energy spectral computed tomography.Eur Radiol. 2019; 29: 2989-2997
- State of the art: dual-energy CT of the abdomen.Radiology. 2014; 271: 327-342
- Characterization of incidental renal mass with dual-energy CT: diagnostic accuracy of effective atomic number maps for discriminating nonenhancing cysts from enhancing masses.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 209: W221-W230
- The value of single-source dual-energy CT imaging for discriminating microsatellite instability from microsatellite stability human colorectal cancer.Eur Radiol. 2019; 29: 3782-3790
- Dual energy spectral CT imaging for colorectal cancer grading: a preliminary study.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0147756
- Quantitative assessment of the degree of differentiation in colon cancer with dual-energy spectral CT.Abdom Radiol (NY). 2017; 42: 2591-2596
- Dual energy CT — a possible new method to assess regression of rectal cancers after neoadjuvant treatment.J Surg Oncol. 2017; 116: 984-988
- Diffusion kurtosis imaging study of rectal adenocarcinoma associated with histopathologic prognostic factors: preliminary findings.Radiology. 2017; 284: 66-76
- Oncogenic events regulate tissue factor expression in colorectal cancer cells: implications for tumor progression and angiogenesis.Blood. 2005; 105: 1734-1741
- K-Ras promotes angiogenesis mediated by immortalized human pancreatic epithelial cells through mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways.Mol Cancer Res. 2009; 7: 799-808
- Tracking the molecular features of nonpolypoid colorectal neoplasms: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Gastroenterol. 2013; 108: 1042-1056
- Non-invasive MR assessment of macroscopic and microscopic vascular abnormalities in the rectal tumour-surrounding mesorectum.Eur Radiol. 2016; 26: 1311-1319
- Oncogenes and angiogenesis: signaling three-dimensional tumor growth.J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 2000; 5: 24-33
- CT spectral imaging for monitoring the therapeutic efficacy of VEGF receptor kinase inhibitor AG-013736 in rabbit VX2 liver tumours.Eur Radiol. 2016; 27: 918-926
- Activation of the K-ras oncogene in colorectal neoplasms is associated with decreased apoptosis.Cancer. 1997; 79: 1106-1113
- Effect of K-ras mutation on morphogenesis of colorectal adenomas and early cancers: relationship to distribution of proliferating cells.Hum Pathol. 1996; 27: 1042-1049
- Could IVIM and ADC help in predicting the KRAS status in patients with rectal cancer?.Eur Radiol. 2018; 28: 3059-3065
- Colorectal carcinomas with KRAS codon 12 mutation are associated with more advanced tumor stages.BMC Cancer. 2015; 15: 340
- Specific TP53 and/or Ki-ras mutations as independent predictors of clinical outcome in sporadic colorectal adenocarcinomas: results of a 5-year Gruppo Oncologico dell’Italia Meridionale (GOIM) prospective study.Ann Oncol. 2005; 16: iv50-55
- Genetic alterations of APC, K-ras, p53, MSI, and MAGE in Korean colorectal cancer patients.Int J Colorectal Dis. 2008; 23: 29-35
- WS/T 637-2018 diagnostic reference levels for adults in X-ray computed tomography.Standards Press of China, Beijing2018http://hbba.sacinfo.org.cn/stdDetail/dda5d351fec867d680ea8039b7a67e8ad128f380aa93c7dbe5c58c67d9d2075e
- The application of a new model-based iterative reconstruction in low-dose upper abdominal CT.Acad Radiol. 2019; 26: e275-e283