- •Imaging of repaired TOF is one of the common indications for CMR examinations.
- •CMR is the workhorse for morphological, functional and hemodynamic assessment.
- •Common repair procedures include infundibulectomy, transannular patch repair and RV-PA conduit.
- •MRI also helps in diagnosing the complications associated with these repair procedures.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Ventricular arrhythmias and sudden death in tetralogy of Fallot.Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2017; 110: 354-362https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acvd.2016.12.006
- Hot topics in tetralogy of Fallot.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 2155-2166https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2013.07.100
- Functional health status in adult survivors of operative repair of tetralogy of Fallot.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 873-880https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2011.10.051
- Long-term survival in patients with repair of tetralogy of Fallot: 36-year follow-up of 490 survivors of the first year after surgical repair.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997; 30: 1374-1383https://doi.org/10.1016/s0735-1097(97)00318-5
- Risk factors for arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death late after repair of tetralogy of Fallot: a multicentre study.The Lancet. 2000; 356: 975-981https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(00)02714-8
- Contemporary predictors of death and sustained ventricular tachycardia in patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot enrolled in the INDICATOR cohort.Heart. 2014; 100: 247-253https://doi.org/10.1136/heartjnl-2013-304958
AL K, K G, AJ P, et al. Ventricular size and function assessed by cardiac MRI predict major adverse clinical outcomes late after tetralogy of Fallot repair. Heart. 1AD; 94(2). doi:https://doi.org/10.1136/hrt.2006.104745.
- Magnetic resonance imaging in the adult with congenital heart disease.Semin Roentgenol. 2008; 43: 246-258https://doi.org/10.1053/j.ro.2008.02.009
- Preoperative thresholds for pulmonary valve replacement in patients with corrected tetralogy of Fallot using cardiovascular magnetic resonance.Circulation. 2007; 116: 545-551https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.106.659664
- Tetralogy of Fallot: current surgical perspective.Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2008; 1: 93-100https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-2069.43873
- Tetralogy of Fallot repair: how I teach it.Ann Thorac Surg. 2016; 102: 1776-1781https://doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2016.09.111
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging for the evaluation of ventricular function.Semin Roentgenol. 2008; 43: 183-192https://doi.org/10.1053/j.ro.2008.02.004
- Cardiac MR imaging assessment following tetralogy of Fallot repair.RadioGraphics. 2006; 26: 197-211https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.261055064
- Cardiovascular imaging approach in pre and postoperative tetralogy of Fallot.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2019; 19https://doi.org/10.1186/s12872-018-0996-9
- Cardiovascular MR imaging after surgical correction of tetralogy of Fallot: approach based on understanding of surgical procedures.RadioGraphics. 2013; 33: 1037-1052https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.334115084
- Surgical connections from ventricle to pulmonary artery. Comparison of four types of valved implants.Circulation. 1992; 86: II154-158
- Indications for pulmonary valve replacement in repaired tetralogy of Fallot: the quest continues.Circulation. 2013; 128: 1855-1857https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.113.005878
- 4D-MR flow analysis in patients after repair for tetralogy of Fallot.Eur Radiol. 2011; 21: 1651-1657https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-011-2108-4
- Multimodality imaging guidelines for patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography: developed in collaboration with the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance and the Society for Pediatric Radiology.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2014; 27: 111-141https://doi.org/10.1016/j.echo.2013.11.009
- Clinical applications of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging after repair of tetralogy of Fallot.Pediatr Cardiol. 2000; 21: 70-79https://doi.org/10.1007/s002469910009
- Reference values for healthy human myocardium using a T1 mapping methodology: results from the International T1 Multicenter cardiovascular magnetic resonance study.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2014; 16: 69https://doi.org/10.1186/s12968-014-0069-x
- Clinical recommendations for cardiovascular magnetic resonance mapping of T1, T2, T2* and extracellular volume: a consensus statement by the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) endorsed by the European Association for Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI).J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2017; 19https://doi.org/10.1186/s12968-017-0389-8
- Myocardial architecture, mechanics, and fibrosis in congenital heart disease.Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine. 2017; 4https://doi.org/10.3389/fcvm.2017.00030
- Right ventricular function in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot assessed with cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging: detrimental role of right ventricular outflow aneurysms or akinesia and adverse right-to-left ventricular interaction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 2044-2052https://doi.org/10.1016/s0735-1097(02)02566-4
- Pulmonary regurgitation after tetralogy of Fallot repair: a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge.J Cardiovasc Echogr. 2013; 23: 1-9https://doi.org/10.4103/2211-4122.117975
- Refining the assessment of pulmonary regurgitation in adults after tetralogy of Fallot repair: should we be measuring regurgitant fraction or regurgitant volume?.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 356-361https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehn595
- Imaging assessment of tricuspid regurgitation severity.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2019; 12: 469https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcmg.2018.07.033
- Quantification of flow dynamics in congenital heart disease: applications of velocity-encoded cine MR imaging.Radiographics. 2002; 22 (discussion 905-906): 895-905
- Cardiovascular shunts: MR imaging evaluation.RadioGraphics. 2003; 23: S181-S194https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.23si035503
- Noninvasive quantification of left-to-right shunt in pediatric patients: phase-contrast cine magnetic resonance imaging compared with invasive oximetry.Circulation. 2001; 103: 2476-2482https://doi.org/10.1161/01.cir.103.20.2476
- Vineberg procedure for inadvertent injury to anomalous left anterior descending artery during tetralogy of Fallot repair.Tex Heart Inst J. 2006; 33: 98-99
- Imaging of postoperative tetralogy of Fallot repair.Diagn Interv Imaging. 2016; 97: 549-560https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diii.2016.02.007
- Tetralogy of Fallot with anomalous origin of left anterior descending coronary artery: surgical options.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1987; 94: 784-787https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-5223(19)36195-1
- Frequency, origins and courses of anomalous coronary arteries in 607 Turkish children with tetralogy of Fallot.Cardiol J. 2011; 18: 546-551https://doi.org/10.5603/cj.2011.0011
- Indications for reoperation late after correction of tetralogy of Fallot.Cardiol Young. 2010; 20: 396-401https://doi.org/10.1017/S1047951110000442
- Repaired tetralogy of Fallot: the roles of cardiovascular magnetic resonance in evaluating pathophysiology and for pulmonary valve replacement decision support.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2011; 13: 9https://doi.org/10.1186/1532-429X-13-9