- •MR angiography showed enlarged ovarian and intrapelvic parasitic arteries to the gravid uterus.
- •Enlarged ovarian arteries were rarely seen with or without placenta accreta spectrum.
- •Intrapelvic parasitic arteries were seen in the majority of cases with placenta accreta spectrum.
- •Intrapelvic parasitic arteries were not observed in cases with normal placentation.
Abbreviations:PAS (placenta accreta spectrum), MR (magnetic resonance), IRB (institutional review board), MIP (maximum intensity projection), PPV (positive predictive value), NPV (negative predictive value), CI (confidence interval), TGF (transforming growth factor), VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
E. Jauniaux, D. Ayres-de-Campos; FIGO placenta accreta diagnosis and management expert consensus panel, FIGO consensus guidelines on placenta accreta spectrum disorders: introduction, Int. J. Gynaecol. Obstet. 140 (2018) 261–264.
- Pathophysiology of placenta creta: the role of decidua and extravillous trophoblast.Placenta. 2008; 29: 639-645
E. Jauniaux, F. Chantraine, R.M. Silver, J. Langhoff-Roos; FIGO Placenta accreta diagnosis and management expert consensus panel, FIGO consensus guidelines on placenta accreta spectrum disorders: epidemiology, Int. J. Gynaecol. Obstet. 140 (2018) 265–273.
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Obstetric care consensus No. 7: placenta accreta spectrum, Obstet. Gynecol. 132 (2018) e259-e275.
L. Allen, E. Jauniaux, S. Hobson, J. Papollon-Smith, M.A. Belfort; FIGO placenta accreta diagnosis and management expert consensus panel, FIGO consensus guidelines on placenta accreta spectrum disorders: nonconservative surgical management, Int. J. Gynecol. Obstet. 140 (2018) 281–290.
- Diagnosis and management of placenta percreta: a review.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 1998; 53: 509-517
- Placenta previa increta/percreta in Japan: a retrospective study of ultrasound findings, management and clinical course.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2007; 33: 606-611
- Lower uterine blood supply: extrauterine anastomotic system and its application in surgical devascularization techniques.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2007; 86: 228-234
- Association between MRI exposure during pregnancy and fetal and childhood outcomes.JAMA. 2016; 316: 952-961
- Determining uterine blood flow in pregnancy with magnetic resonance imaging.Magn Reson Imaging. 2010; 28: 507-510
- Assessment of uterine and ovarian arteries before uterine artery embolization: advantages conferred by unenhanced MR angiography.Radiology. 2010; 255: 467-475
- Radiological anatomical study of the origin of the uterine artery.Surg Radiol Anat. 2014; 36: 1093-1099
- Anatomical study of the inferior vesical artery: is it specific to the male sex?.Surg Radiol Anat. 2017; 39: 961-965
- Feasibility and safety of prophylactic uterine artery catheterization and embolization in the management of placenta accreta.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2015; 26: 162-169
- Extravillous trophoblast invasion in placenta accreta is associated with differential local expression of angiogenic and growth factors: a cross-sectional study.BJOG. 2018; 125: 1441-1448
- MRI of placenta accreta: a new imaging perspective.Am J Roentgenol. 2011; 197: 1514-1521
- Uterine fibroids: contrast-enhanced MR angiography to predict ovarian artery supply--initial experience.Radiology. 2006; 241: 181-189
- Contrast-enhanced MR angiography of uterine arteries for the prediction of ovarian artery embolization in 349 patients.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2012; 23: 1174-1179
- Uterine and ovarian artery blood flow in the pregnant dog, attempt at comparative study in pregnant women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1980; 136: 780-786