- •Renal calyceal rupture occurs secondary to a relatively large obstructing ureteral calculus.
- •High index of suspicion for calyceal rupture should be present even in the scenario of a small urolithiasis.
- •Contrast enhanced CT scan is vital for the diagnosis.
- •Management by a double–J ureter stent insertion can yield good clinical outcome.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Spontaneous ureteral rupture and review of the literature.Am J Emerg Med. 2014; 32: 772-774https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2014.03.034
- Spontaneous proximal ureteric rupture secondary to ureterolithiasis.J Surg Case Rep. 2016; 2016https://doi.org/10.1093/jscr/rjw192
- Causes of renal forniceal rupture.BJU Int. 2011; 108 (discussion 1912): 1909-1911
- Spontaneous upper urinary tract rupture caused by ureteric stones: a prospective high-volume single Centre observational study and proposed management.Arch Esp Urol. 2019; 72: 590-595
- Spontaneous calyceal rupture caused by a ureteral calculus.Afr J Urol. 2013; 19: 191-193https://doi.org/10.1016/j.afju.2013.09.001
- From a stone to rupture: calyceal rupture secondary to obstructive uropathy.Clin Case Rep. 2018; 6: 1191-1192https://doi.org/10.1002/ccr3.1540
- Point-of-care ultrasound identifies Urinoma complicating simple renal colic: a case series and literature review.J Emerg Med. 2018; 55: 96-100https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2018.02.033
Türk C, Sarica K, Seitz C, Straub M. Guidelines on Urolithiasis 38.
- Limitations to ultrasound in the detection and measurement of urinary tract calculi.Urology. 2010; 76: 295-300https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2009.12.015
- Management of kidney stones.BMJ. 2007; 334: 468-472https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39113.480185.80
- Renal Forniceal rupture: is conservative management safe?.Urology. 2017; 109: 51-54https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2017.07.045
- Spontaneous forniceal rupture: can it be treated conservatively?.Urol Ann. 2017; 9: 41-44https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-7796.198883
- A rare case of upper ureter rupture: ureteral perforation caused by urinary retention.Korean J Urol. 2012; 53: 131-133https://doi.org/10.4111/kju.2012.53.2.131
- Management of urinomas by percutaneous drainage procedures.Radiol Clin North Am. 1986; 24: 551-559