- •Thorough imaging knowledge of gallstone related diseases is essential in management.
- •Ultrasound is crucial in the management of acute gallbladder diseases.
- •Critical to identify complications associated with acute cholecystitis.
- •Knowledge of non acute cases of gallstones help in timely management.
Abbreviations and acronyms:GB (Gallbladder), US (Ultrasound), CT (Computed tomography), MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging), ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography), XGC (Xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis), CBD (Common bile duct), ES (Endoscopic sphincterotomy), PGB (Porcelain gallbladder), MRCP (Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence and ethnic differences in gallbladder disease in the United States.Gastroenterology. 1999; 117: 632-639https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-5085(99)70456-7
- CT guided percutaneous drainage in necrotizing pancreatitis-highly successful in appropriately selected patients-single center experience.JOURNAL OF THE PANCREAS. 2019 Jan 1; 20: 24-29
Abou-Saif A, Al-Kawas FH. Complications of gallstone disease: Mirizzi syndrome, Cholecystocholedochal fistula, and Gallstone Ileus. American Journal of Gastroenterology 97(2):249–54.
- CT findings of acute cholecystitis and its complications.AJR. 2010; 194: 1523-1529
- Imaging of acute cholecystitis and cholecystitis-associated complications in the emergency setting.Singapore Med J. 2015; 56: 438-443
- Mirizzi syndrome: noteworthy aspects of a retrospective study in one centre..ANZ J of Surg. 2004; 74: 833-837https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1445-1433.2004.03184.x
- Manual of Diagnostic Ultrasound Volume 2.World Health Organization, Albany2013 (Accessed December 22, 2018. ProQuest Ebook Central)
- CT evaluation of acute cholecystitis: findings and usefulness in diagnosis.AJR. 1996; 166: 1085-1088
- CT finding of transient focal increased attenuation of the liver adjacent to the gallbladder in acute cholecystitis.AJR. 1995; 164: 343-346
- The systematic classification of gallbladder stones.Plos One. 2013 Oct 4; 8e74887
- Computed tomographic analysis of gallbladder stones: correlation with chemical composition and in vitro shock-wave lithotripsy.Korean J Intern Med. 1991 Jan; 6: 1
- Compound analysis of gallstones using dual energy computed tomography—results in a phantom model.Eur J Radiol. 2010 Jul 1; 75: e74-e80
- SNM practice guideline for hepatobiliary scintigraphy 4.0.J Nucl Med Technol. 2010 Dec 1; 38: 210-218
- The effervescent gallbladder: a sonographic sign of emphysematous cholecystitis.Am J Roentgenol. 1988 Mar 1; 150: 575-577
- Distinguishing xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis from the wall-thickening type of early-stage gallbladder cancer.Gut and Liver. 2010; 4: 518-523https://doi.org/10.5009/gnl.2010.4.4.518
- Mirizzi syndrome.Am Surg. 1994; 60: 889-891
- Mirizzi Syndrome: an unexpected problem of cholelithiasis. Our experience with 27 cases.International Seminars in Surgical Oncology. 2008; 5: 12https://doi.org/10.1186/1477-7800-5-12
- Combination of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography and computed tomography for preoperative diagnosis of the Mirizzi syndrome.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2009 Jul 1; 33: 636-640
- The Mirizzi syndrome.Postgrad Med J. 1997; 73: 487-490
- Choledochoduodenal fistula in the setting of Crohn’s disease.Radiology Case Reports. 2016; 2: 309-312
- Spontaneous biliary enteric fistulas.South Med J. 1983; 76: 1249-1252
- Role of helical CT in diagnosis of gallstone ileus and related conditions.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2005; 185: 1159-1165
- Gallstone Ileus: Diagnosis and Management.World J Surg. 2007; 31: 1292-1297https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-007-9011-9
- Gallstone ileus, clinical presentation.Diagnostic and Treatment Approach World Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2016 Jan 27; 8: 65
- Diagnostic value of CT features of the gallbladder in the prediction of gallstone pancreatitis.Eur J Radiol. 2011; 80: 208-212
- Gallstone pancreatitis: a review.Surg Clin N Am. 2014; 94: 257-280
- Porcelain gallbladder.Abdom Radiol. 2017; 42: 322-323https://doi.org/10.1007/s00261-016-0844-2
- Primary gallbladder cancer discovered postoperatively after elective and emergency cholecystectomy.Klin Onkol. 2013; 26: 31-34
Gupta SK, Shukla VK. Gallbladder cancer etiopathology and treatment. Health Administrator Vol: XVII; 1:134–142.
- Gallbladder stones: imaging and intervention.Radiographics. 2000; 20: 751-766
- Gallbladder carcinoma: radiologic-pathologic correlation.Radiographics. 2001 Mar; 21: 295-314
- Transarterial therapies for hepatocellular carcinoma: a comprehensive review with current updates and future directions.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016; 17: 473-478
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound in gallbladder disease: a pictorial review.Abdom Radiol. 2016; 41: 1640-1652https://doi.org/10.1007/s00261-016-0729-4
- Differential diagnosis between benign and malignant gallbladder diseases with real time contrast-enhanced ultrasound.Eur Radiol. 2010; 20: 239-248https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-009-1538-8
- Modified palliative biliary stenting in situs inversus totalis patient with carcinoma gallbladder: feasibility and technical details.Transl Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 2https://doi.org/10.21037/tgh.2017.03.01