- •Failure of the SCR was evident on imaging in 10 of 11 of the symptomatic subjects.
- •There was an overall SCR graft failure rate of 14% over the study period.
- •Three distinct modes of failure were identified on MRI:
- (1)midsubstance rupture of the graft;
- (2)loss of both humeral and glenoid fixation; and
- (3)loss of glenoid fixation with intact graft.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The arthroscopic superior capsular reconstruction.Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2016; 45: 320-324
- Superior capsular reconstruction: indications, techniques, and clinical outcomes.JBJS Rev. 2018; 6e10
- Return to sports and physical work after arthroscopic superior capsule reconstruction among patients with irreparable rotator cuff tears.Am J Sports Med. 2018; 46: 1077-1083
- Clinical results of arthroscopic superior capsule reconstruction for irreparable rotator cuff tears.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 459-470
- Preliminary results of arthroscopic superior capsule reconstruction with dermal allograft.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 93-99
- Superior capsular reconstruction: clinical outcomes after minimum 2-year follow-up.Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2017; 46: 266-278
- Case study: failure of superior capsular reconstruction using dermal allograft.Skeletal Radiol. 2017; 46: 1585-1589
Duchman KR, Mickelson DT, Little BA, Hash TW, 2nd, Lemmex DB, Toth AP, et al. Graft use in the treatment of large and massive rotator cuff tears: an overview of techniques and modes of failure with MRI correlation. Skeletal Radiol. 2018.
- Postoperative MRI of massive rotator cuff tears.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2018; 211: 146-154
- Biomechanical role of capsular continuity in superior capsule reconstruction for irreparable tears of the supraspinatus tendon.Am J Sports Med. 2016; 44: 1423-1430
- Arthroscopic superior capsular reconstruction with acellular dermal allograft for the treatment of massive irreparable rotator cuff tears: short-term clinical outcomes and the radiographic parameter of superior capsular distance.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 1764-1773
- Arthroscopic superior capsule reconstruction can eliminate pseudoparalysis in patients with irreparable rotator cuff tears.Am J Sports Med. 2018; 46: 2707-2716
- Graft tears after arthroscopic superior capsule reconstruction (ASCR): pattern of failure and its correlation with clinical outcome.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2019; 139: 231-239
- Arthroscopic superior capsular reconstruction with a minimally invasive harvested fascia lata autograft produces good clinical results.Orthop J Sports Med. 2018; 6 (2325967118808242)