- •Increasing utilization of imaging for screening and diagnosis has necessitated guidelines and accountability to protect patients and radiology staff
- •Mammography Quality and Safety Act (MQSA) has served as a model for subsequent laws governing the quality and safety of other imaging modalities
- •The American College of Radiology (ACR) provides accreditation in multiple imaging modalities
- •ACR Centers of Excellence program provides accreditation, as well as outcomes and quality data to participating facilities
- •Financial penalties exist for facilities not complying with national quality and safety standards
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Stein S. Robert Smith PhD. 2016.
- The mammography quality standards act: benefits and burdens.Breast Dis. 2001; 13: 97-107
- Assessing and Improving the Interpretation of Breast Images: Workshop Summary.National Academies Press (US), Washington (DC)2015
- Quality improvement projects for value-based care in breast imaging.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014 Dec; 11: 1189-1190
- Facility Certification and Inspection (MQSA) > Accreditation Bodies.([cited 2016 Jul 6]. Available from)http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/MammographyQualityStandardsActandProgram/FacilityCertificationandInspection/ucm114147.htm
- The ACR’s mammography accreditation program: ten years of experience since MQSA.J Am Coll Radiol. 2005 Jul; 2: 585-594
- Facility Certification and Inspection (MQSA) > Inspection Fees.([cited 2016 May 28]. Available from)http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/MammographyQualityStandardsActandProgram/FacilityCertificationandInspection/ucm111000.htm
- Summary of Provisions in MIPPA 2008 - American College of Radiology.([cited 2016 Aug 30]. Available from)http://www.acr.org/Advocacy/Economics-Health-Policy/Billing-Coding/Coding-Source-List/2008/Jul-Aug-2008/Summary-of-Provisions-in-MIPPA-2008
- Initial outcomes from federally mandated accreditation site surveys of advanced diagnostic imaging facilities performed by the ACR.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014 Jul; 11: 686-691
- Accreditation and you.J Am Coll Radiol. 2011 Sep; 8: 600-601
- Accreditation Program Fees [Internet].([cited 2019 Aug 6]. Available from)
- Accreditation competitive landscape.2019
- Accreditation of Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Suppliers [Internet].([cited 2019 Jul 8]. Available from)https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/Accreditation-of-Advanced-Diagnostic-Imaging-Suppliers.html
- Iowa Mammography Accreditation Program [Internet].([cited 2019 Jul 8]. Available from:)
- Arkansas Mammography Accreditation Program [Internet].([cited 2019 Jul 8]. Available from:)
- Texas Mammography Accreditation program [Internet].([cited 2019 Jul 8]. Available from)
- XR 29 is Coming, Soon | Diagnostic Imaging.([cited 2016 Jul 7]. Available from)
- One-third of CT installed base must be replaced to avoid medicare penalties | radiology business.Radiology Business. 2014 Apr 8; (Internet. Available from)http://www.radiologybusiness.com/topics/technology-management/one-third-ct-installed-base-must-be-replaced-avoid-medicare-penalties
XR- Q, XR- Q. NEMA XR-29 (MITA Smart Dose) Standard: Frequently Asked Questions.
Text - H.R.2029 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress. [cited 2016 Jul 2]. Available from: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2029/text.
- Medicare to cut analog x-ray payments starting in 2017.in: Aunt Minnie [Internet]. 2016 Feb 8 (Available from)