- •Hyperhemoglobinemia may be a contributing factor to pseudo-SAH.
- •We analyzed the incidence of pseudo-SAH in hyperhemoglobinemia patients.
- •We retrospectively analyzed pseudo-SAH on CT associated with hyperhemoglobinemia.
Background and purpose
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The role of CT following aneurysmal rupture.Neuroimaging Clin N Am. 1997; 7: 693-708
- Increased density of tentorium and falx: a false positive CT sign of subarachnoid hemorrhage.Can Assoc Radiol J. 1986; 37: 243-247
- CT diagnosis of non-traumatic subarachnoid haemorrhage in patients with brain edema.Eur J Radiol. 1998; 28: 222-225
- Pseudo-subarachnoid hemorrhage.Am J Emerg Med. 2008; 26: 1-2
Ho AL, Sussman ES, Pendharkar AV, Iv M, Hirsch KG, Fischbein NJ, et al. Practical pearl: use of MRI to differentiate pseudo-subarachnoid hemorrhage from true subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurocrit Care 2018:1–6.
- A case report of CT findings of hyperhemoglobinemia in brain.Chin J Med Imag. 2014; 22: 320
- A case of CT findings of high hemoglobinemia with CT enhancement.Chin J Radiol. 2008; 42: 1265
- Pseudo-subarachnoid hemorrhage found in patients with postresuscitation encephalopathy: characteristics of CT findings and clinical importance.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2008; 29: 1544-1549
- Pseudo-subarachnoid hemorrhage: a potential imaging pitfall associated with diffuse cerebral edema.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2003; 24: 254-256
- Pseudo-subarachnoid haemorrhage due to chronic hypoxaemia: case report and review of the literature.BMC Neurol. 2014; 14: 1-5
- Pseudo-enhancement from polycythemia.Neurology. 2004; 62: 150
- CT findings and mechanism analysis of intracranial vascular density in patients with cyanotic congenital heart disease.Chin J Radiol. 2012; 46: 300-303
- Clinical review of 1886 patients with hyperhemoglobinemia.J Chin Med. 2013; 32: 142-143